pale blue eyes

i'm pale blue like the colors of the sky. The color so beautiful, contrary the feeling. i am not dead, i am not pink, i am not red.. i'm blue. pale and sickly. fighting for a brighter name. I am sick. my emotion like a cancer thats killing me slowly along its way. feelings like a tornado without the wind, only here to destroy oneself. may i try to achieve a pink ? may i dare try achieving something bright ?

i don't feel like myself, i can feel me drifting away as they pull in the other direction. i cant stop this windless tornado , and i can not stop its ending. i don't feel like how i used to, i suppose one would find this to be righteous, a dawn for the genesis. instead this feels much like an epilogue, the curtain is even starting to pull. i stare up at the light, blind eyed and blurred. i cannot tell if the curtains are being pulled rear or near. the lights are shinning bright in my pale blue eyes. i cannot tell if the curtains are being pulled open or closed. i hear chattering in the audience, tiny little whispers, mini little sounds. Loud sounds mark my ears, a lot like snapping, even closer to clapping. i cannot tell if they are celebrating the end that seems near or the beginning that looks far gone.

if this is the end of the show, oh pale blue eyes. how did we do? we did enough for the people to clap and not boo. if this is the very end oh sweet pale baby blue, i can say we tried our hardest to do what we were put here to do.

-cherry valentine 🫐
(7/22/22)