CHAPTER SIX

KBS conducted a survey on their website, asking people of who they want to see as MCs for the Music Bank show. Surprisingly a lot of people voted for Jimin and Jeongyeon. The broadcasting firm then tried to invite Jimin but they were told that he's not available as his schedule is so hectic considering the fact that BTS will have concerts in Europe and in some countries in Asia. 

They also offered the job to Jeongyeon but Twice is in the middle of their Japanese comeback and promotions. The broadcasting firm then hired the second placer in the voting, Itzy's Yuna and Enhypen's Sunghoon, another 'couple' being rumored to have beef. 

K-pop fans thought that the partnership of Jimin and Jeongyeon isn't possible until BTS finished their concert tours and Twice will have a month break. SBS this time asked for a private meeting with Jimin to be a special host of Inkigayo and gladly, he accepted the offer. They didn't tell him that his partner would be Jeongyeon who already accepted the special job a week before him. Actually, the two don't have any idea that they are going to be each other's partners. 

Jeongyeon is getting ready in her dressing room. She received the script the day before and she's now practicing the spiels. Jimin was a little late. He arrived at the exact time of the rehearsal. He's not yet fixed. He's wearing a pair of khaki shorts and a white polo short while his feet are adorn by white rubber shoes. He wears his reading glasses as his eyesight is bad. He literally looks like Harry Potter who just got up from the bed. He was told to go straight to the studio as his partner was already waiting for him there. 

He was surprised to see Jeongyeon holding the copy of Inkigayo script. Before he goes to her, he asked one of the staffs near him, "She'll be my partner?"

"Yes, Sir," the staff nodded. The floor director then called him and signed him to come near them. As soon as Jeongyeon sees him, she was frozen. "What is he doing here?"

Jimin slowly and nervously walked towards them. 

"I thought you won't come," the floor director said tapping him and signing him to stand beside Jeongyeon. She quickly faced against his direction as soon as he stood beside her. Jimin's manager then came panting hard, "You forgot your script Jiminie." He got the cards and the manager quickly left before he can question him about what's happening. 

Jeongyeon began panicking inside. She keeps licking her lips as she's nervous of what will happen. She clearly doesn't have any idea that Jimin will be her partner. She was startled when she heard him clear his throat. 

The floor director instructed them to relax. Jeongyeon took a deep breath and forced a smile, "Ne," she said. Jimin nods when the director showed them a thumbs up. The camera then panned at them. The program director instructed them to smile widely and they did. As professional as they are, they presented their spiels without being obvious that they are awkward with each other. 

"You're friends, right?" the PD asked. 

Jimin nervously nods but unsure.

"Then don't be afraid to look at each other. You have an undeniable chemistry on screen but I need more," the director commented. 

The two nodded. They repeated the script and once in a while they glance at one another until they loosened up some nerves and the flow became more natural. 

"That's good but if you could be playful and be spontaneous on the live show, it will be better," the program director suggested. 

They nodded again. After few more practices, the rehearsal is finished. Jimin bowed to her before going into his dressing room. Jeongyeon slightly bowed her head and then went straight to her Manager who's giving her water.