CHAPTER EIGHT

Jeongyeon was tired from the work travel with Jimin, so she's planning to lie down all day on her bed when she reached her apartment but to her dismay, she found all the TWICE members waiting for her in the living room. It felt like a dejavu as they were asking about him again. 

How was the trip with him? Was it awkward? How did you interact? Did he talk to you? Or did you talk to him? The same questions they asked when they saw the Inkigayo broadcast. 

"Just let me rest first," Jeongyeon begs and the members were shut. Seeing how exhausted she is, they let her. 

While she is resting, the girls stayed in the living room expressing their own theories on the two.

"From what it looks, for me, they didn't have a great time," Sana said. 

"Yeah, I felt like they have a very awkward trip. Imagine a dead air when the other speaks, I feel like I couldn't watch their tourism promotion," Chaeyoung said. 

"We might not know but I think, they reconciled already," Mina spoke with her soft voice. 

"How did you say so?" Jihyo asked. 

Mina shrugs, "They need to especially that the project is not scripted."

Nayeon nods, "You might be right but we know Jeongyeon. We know how great she is in pretending. Just watch their Inkigayo hosting, she seems to be okay with him, the public can see that but we know for a fact that she is hurting inside."

"Do you think Jimin noticed her pain?" Tzuyu asked curiously.

Nayeon shakes her head, "I have no idea but since he was her ex, he might felt that she's not okay being with him."

Dahyun was just listening to them until an idea popped in her head. When she raised her point finger, everyone's attention is on her. "We can call manager unnie to ask what really happened," she suggested with a wide smile. 

Momo had a devilish smile too and held the phone up, "Great idea, Dahyun-ah."

The members frowned faces turned to happy ones especially when the manager answered their call. 

"Unnie, sorry to bother you but we called to ask, how was the trip?" Momo started as she's holding the phone.

Their manager laughs, "Aigoo, I think I know the reason why you called."

The others laugh too. 

"Just tell us what happened?" Jihyo said. 

"Where are you?"

"We're in Jeongyeon's apartment," Jihyo replied.

"You are all there?"

"Yes, unnie," some of the girls answered. 

"Then, you should just ask her."

They whined,  "But she's resting."

"And don't you think I'm not?"

"Why did you pick up the phone at the first place?" Dahyun asked with her complaining voice. 

"'Cause I got used to it. Aish, just ask Jeongyeon. I was not with them all the time."

"But when you were with the two, how were they?" Momo asked. 

"They seem... hmmm.... okay?"

"Huh? What do you mean Unnie?" 

"They talk."

"Like how?" Nayeon asked.

They heard their manager sighing on the line, "Are you really asking me that?"