CHAPTER ELEVEN

Jimin sat back on his place and then he took a deep breath. He feels nervous. He really didn't expect that she will be able to find him. He intended to be far away from everyone else to free his mind and now he is clouded again. Her presence makes him tremble but still, a part of him still wants this proximity, this close distance with her. 

"Everyone is searching for you, do you know that?" Jeongyeon started keeping her eyes on the soju. Though she wanted to look at him, she can't. She's scared that emotions will flow once she looks at him in the eyes. 

Jimin bravely stares at her. He checks her cheeks as he's worried that Narin's slap left a mark on her skin. Instead of answering her, he asked her, "Are you alright?"

She glanced at him but averted quickly and went back into staring the bottle of alcohol again. "I should be the one asking you that, are you doing alright Jimin?"

He heaves a sigh, "I don't know. To tell you frankly, I feel so lost."

"Why is that?" she asked with concern on her tone. 

"I feel like I don't know myself anymore," he said looking up as she moves her head to stare at him. She observes him and though they are not looking at each other's eyes, she can see how lonely he is, how depressed he is. She's been there and somehow, she could understand what he feels. She kept her silence until he spoke again, "I want to move on but I don't know how."

That sends a beat on her senses. "Wae? What happened to you and your girlfriend?" she curiously asked.

He sighs, slowly tearing up, "We broke up."

"What? Wae?" Jeongyeon asked shocked. 

Jimin then looks down and quickly wipes his tears, "'Cause I am a douche. I swear, I tried but I failed." 

"What do you mean?" she looks at him with sympathy. 

He shakes his head ignoring her question. "You know what, I definitely need a drink." He got the soju and opened it. He drank the alcohol like water until he gulped almost half of it. She wanted to stop him but it happened so fast. When he puts down the bottle, she got it and placed it beside her, away from him.  

"Don't drink too much," she said. 

"My alcohol tolerance is good so you don't have to worry," he said attempting to get the bottle but she quickly throws it away. "I don't like it when you get drunk, you know that! So you fucking stop!" she raised her voice and that made him froze on his place.

After that, there was an awkward silence. Jeongyeon was about to stand to escape the situation but he suddenly spoke, "You are not supposed to care for me but why are you here?"

She didn't respond. She was reaching for the other soju when Jimin picked it first, "Since you threw my drink. You're not allowed to touch this."

Jeongyeon then bravely looked at him with a leer. Instead of getting teary, she got annoyed especially when Jimin flashed her a smirk. "You're still you, Yoo Jeongyeon."

She sighs, "That's what you call a good alcohol tolerance? You're already tipsy."

"I am completely sober. I just missed annoying you, I missed you," he smiles at her and it slowly faded when he realized what he said. Silence envelopes them. Jeongyeon turned speechless.

Jimin swallowed a lump. He wanted to slap himself for being a careless talker. To ease the mood, he changed the topic, "I saw the teaser for the tourism campaign. You seem so happy with your partner."