CHAPTER TWELVE

Jimin drives fast as he can. He doesn't drive this furious but with the adrenaline rush kicking in, he's on the road like he's on a race. Fortunately, there was no other traffic passing by. He was really eager to see Jeongyeon and his effort wasn't put into waste when he saw the back of her car. He pushes the horn continuously to catch her attention.

Jeongyeon was shocked to hear the loud horns. When she saw his car, she immediately recognized it. She then slowed down till she stopped on the side. Jimin excitedly parked his car behind her and went out running to her. When she got out of her car, she was welcomed by a powerful hug. 

"Aigoo, how could you leave me again," Jimin mumbled while panting. 

Jeongyeon slowly embraced him back while a smile escapes her lips, "Why did you follow me? You're crazy." 

"You make me go crazy, Jeongyeon. I am scared to lose you again."

"You're not losing me. I told you, I'll wait for you. Have you read my letter?"

He nods on her shoulder and then says, "But I don't want you to wait. I know how hard it was."

"But how about finding yourself first?"

"That's not important anymore."

Jeongyeon then released from the hug and cupped his face, "Jimin, it's important. I want you to heal yourself first. You just came from a relationship and jumping into another is not a good idea. I know you love me, I can feel it but it will be more wonderful if you come back to me with your complete self. I promise, I'll wait for you and just so you know, I don't accept suitors. You are my only one." She gave him an assuring smile. He is on the verge of tears when he felt her soft lips on his. 

"And you're the only man that I'll kiss on the lips," she says as he stays frozen. 

She glides her hand on his cheek to his jaw then her thumb grazes his lower lip. She looks into his eyes as she smiles saying, "I love you."

Jimin felt like he was in heaven for a moment, like he couldn't breathe and his soul departed from his body. Jeongyeon hugs him again and he didn't think twice to embrace her back. 

"I love you," he says tightening his hold like he doesn't want to let her go. "Let me hug you a little longer, my love."

Jeongyeon lets him and they stayed like that for minutes. She can feel his yearning and it makes her emotional. She admits, she questions her decision in the past. If she didn't ask for a break-up, they wouldn't go through the pain of being heart broken, the pain of seeing him with another woman, the pain of not being with him. But somehow, she believes that it was just a test of fate. She just hopes that Jimin would still come back to her after finding his true self. She really doesn't want to wait because of some what ifs. What if he would not come to her once he feels complete because he feels better being on his own? What if he comes to a realization that she is not the woman for him? What if his love for her fades? She's scared with all those thoughts but she trusts him, she trusts his love for her more. 

-

They separate their ways and like what Jeongyeon wants, Jimin took time to heal himself. His members reprimanded him about his unnotified absence and he promised not to make them worry again. He came back to Busan and there, he talked to his parents and asked for advices. His father told him, "Just do whatever that will make you happy. You know that you will always have our support."