CHAPTER TEN

Jeongyeon held her jaw in shock of the hard slap. She wasn't expecting that. Jimin realized what happened when he saw his girlfriend darting a dagger look on Jeongyeon. She is like possessed by a bad spirit with those fiery and angry eyes. He hurriedly ran to Narin, holding her arm. "Leave Jeongyeon out of this."

She tried to release from his hold but he held her tighter and with gritting teeth, he told her, "Don't ever hurt her again or else..."

Narin leers with her red teary eyes, "Or else what?"

Jimin is silenced but his dangerous stare is still intact on his girlfriend. 

"Let's go," he said pulling her out till they reached the entrance of the parking space. Narin, with her full force, released from his tight hold.

"How dare you go to her when you said you won't betray me! Did she seduce you? Did you get back together?" she cries.

Jimin with his balled fists and seething anger bursts out, "None of that is true!"

"Then what's the truth?"

"There's nothing going on between me and Jeongyeon. Stop hallucinating!"

"Then tell me, why are you here? Why did you go to her?"

"I was drunk."

"Bullshit," she muttered. Narin wipes her tears and heaves a sigh, "Be truthful to me, are you still into her? Do you still love her?"

If Jimin can look at her in the eyes awhile ago, this time, he can't. He guiltily looked down. He knows deep down inside that his love for his ex never faded. 

"Did you even love me?" Narin tears up again. She waited for his answer but he didn't say anything. She knows, his silence means that he never loved her the way she wants him to love her. She had expectations that he would fight for her, that he would insist that he has genuine love for her but all these were shattered with his deafening silence. 

"Let's stop this," she muttered and went inside her car. She still hopes that he would stop her but he didn't do anything. She left him and she knew, it was the end for them. 

-

The next day, HYBE received pictures of the confrontation of Narin and Jimin. They paid a lot to hinder the spreading of the controversial photos. In lieu of this, Jimin received a tremendous scolding from the higher bosses. They also decided to pull him out of the tourism promotion and the hosting of Inkigayo. He was temporarily suspended. HYBE issued a statement regarding his suspended schedules and they reasoned out that his health is at risk so he needed a rest as the group will be preparing for their upcoming comeback. Many were saddened about the news and Jeongyeon too was surprised with his sudden absence. She wonders what happened between him and his girlfriend. She remembered how angry Narin was and somehow, she regretted informing her that Jimin was in her apartment. She wanted to ask him if they are okay, or if he is okay but what's the point? What will she do if he tells her that he is not okay? There's nothing she can't do so she decided to just keep going with her schedules and commitments. Also, she thinks that it will be better for her to stay away from him to avoid trouble with his girlfriend. She admits, the slap hurt her and she never wants it to happen again. 

Anyway, Jeonghan replaced Jimin in the tourism promotion as their tandem is also accepted by the public. They are viral and a lot of people ship them. Some do creative edits to show how strong their chemistry is. In one of his interviews, he confessed that Jeongyeon is one of the most beautiful women he met. Some of the Twice members are also pushing her to date him since he is single too. Also, Seventeen members are supportive of the partnership and they are also telling Jeonghan to ask her out. Well, he tried a lot of times but he was always tongue tied. He developed a big crush on her with their many interactions but he couldn't say it to her personally.