CHAPTER NINE

A poignant scent of alcohol emits when Jeongyeon bent down to check the man lying with his face down on the floor. 

"Aigoo, you're drunk!" she exclaimed and stood closing the door. She sets the knife on her side table and tried to wake him up. She made him roll until he faced her. He opens his eyes a bit and then squints. 

"Jeongyeon-ah?" he muttered and then smiled. "Why am I always dreaming of you? I have a girlfriend so please don't appear on my dreams."

She turned speechless as he goes on mumbling while his eyes getting teary and his smile slowly fading, "You don't know how heartbroken I was when you broke up with me. I did my best to communicate with you but you chose to ignore me. I waited like how I promised but I got tired. Narin was there for me. She comforted me and this is wrong to see you right now. Please go away!" he shove his hand and Jeongyeon luckily dodged it. 

"Aigoo! How dare you?!" she reacted quite annoyed. 

"Jeongyeon-ah, how can I get rid of this feelings? I feel like I love you still but I should stop this because this is wrong." He cries as he hugs himself. 

She is silenced. She doesn't want to cry but she can't help it. Her tears were inevitable. She stared at his drunk form as an instant regret flowed into her. If only she didn't ask for a break-up, if only she could turn back the time, if only she gave him a chance, this would not have happened. She wanted to comfort him but it felt like she doesn't have the right so, with all her courage, she fished out his phone from his pocket. She will find the name of his girlfriend and inform her about him. She tried the code she knew back then and found out that it's still working. 

FLASHBACK...

October 10, 2019

Jimin and Jeongyeon went out to hike to unwind. Jeongyeon keeps talking as they climb up and Jimin enjoys that but for some reason, due to stress and burn out, he told her, "Love, we can't appreciate the sound of nature if you keep on babbling."

"You're tired of me, aren't you?" she pouts.

He held her hand and pulled her closer to him, "Just shut for a moment and listen to the birds chirping. Sometimes silence can make you appreciate the nature more."

She took a deep breath and followed him. They climb up the mountain while holding hands and just enjoying the nature's sound until they reached the top. She smiled so wide once she breathes in the fresh air and saw the view of the lower lands. 

"Let's take a picture, love," she took out her phone and clicked a selfie of them together. She also did one for herself and also captured the view she's looking at.

(Jeongyeon shared the pictures below on Twice's IG story with a caption: SUCCESS!!)