July 25th 2022 - Orals

It's been just less than a month!

I've had mocks for 2 weeks straight so that was great. I failed them but you know. It's the usual.

My German oral went horribly. I didn't understand what I was saying or what my teacher said. So I basically screwed that up.

My Spanish oral went way better. I knew roughly what she was saying. For our orals, we get 10 minute prep time where we get taken into a room and given a photo card with 4 bullet points.

 For our orals, we get 10 minute prep time where we get taken into a room and given a photo card with 4 bullet points

Here's an example. There's usually 4 bullet points with one unprepared but this photo card happened to have 3 with 2 un prepared.

This wasn't my photo card if you didn't get it.

I got a girl who was going to school. I knew for a fact that everybody was going to mention her uniform but I completely forgot how to do clothes.

I only began to revise in the morning of the oral. I just went through random stuff the night before.

And I wasted my prep time conversing with the invigilator. Great right?

Unfortunately, I had to go to somewhere the night before which I wasn't happy about. My parents forgot my Spanish oral was on the next day, despite the fact they knew for days on end.

I got annoyed but then we went to somebody's place and I tried to get there WiFi. The dude refused to give me the WiFi and now I promised myself that I would refuse to give the WiFi to him if he ever came to my house. I asked for his name and age too soo I knew who I'm talking to.

He nearly sabotaged my oral if my mom didn't send me home with my dad so that helped.

I barely revised anyways but I did well. Sort of. I have a voice recording of my oral and I didn't want to originally listen to it. But then I built the courage to listen to is and I painfully listened to it. As soon as I heard my voice, I was like nope. But I still listened to it. The amount of 'ums' I did was amazing. It was after each phrase and it was straight up painful.

Well, I disappeared 4 times from this. Someone tell me if majors are an American thing.

I always learnt it as majors but apparently it's American and I just had a conversation with Friend A about it.