True Self

"THERE IS NO WAY I AM DOING THAT," Ace yells in absolute horror.

"Please, for me?" Adora begs.

"Yeah, do it for your sister," I snicker.

"I don't have a sister no more. MOM, please give Adora for adoption. I don't want a twin sister anymore," Ace yells to his mother. I chuckle, looking at Ado's expression.

"Sure, honey," Mrs Black agrees, coming into the living room.

"Huh?" All three of us ask. Is she joking?

"Ace, you know, while giving her up for adoption, I fear she will be lonely," Mrs Black smirks. I know where this is going, "So, she could use her twin with her to not feel so lonely," Now, I laugh at Ace's expression.

"You know what, never mind. I think I like my sister very much to give her for adoption," Ace smiles sweetly, pulling Adora close to him, and she rolls her eyes. Mrs Black chuckles and leaves, not before giving us all a kiss on our cheek.

"Ah, look who is here," Ace states as Blue walks in, very awkwardly, may I add.

"Uhm... what am I doing here?" August questions, scratching the back of his head.

"Well, you passed out after I gave you a lot to drink, and we brought you here," Ace explains.

"I didn't do anything stupid, did I?" He questions, looking at me.

I didn't sleep last night at all. My throughs were filled with what I should do next. Should I just tell August I know why he did what he did, or just leave it be?

But, I want things to go back to normal. I miss him. I miss us. I miss being in a group and pulling the ultimate prank on people. I know it will not go to being the way it was. But, everything will be normal for the first time in two years.

Forgiving and forgetting, isn't that what life is all about? Instead of running away from what hurt me, if I faced it head-on and let it know that it does not scare me anymore, I would be free. I have been avoiding my true self for a long time, covering it up with a fake mask that shows me as strong and independent. In that process, I buried my true self deep within a box and locked it with a lock, but not a key.

I didn't make a key. I didn't. I was scared, scared she would never forgive me for the cruel things I did to her. But, I realised one thing yesterday,

I am the key. I am the key to opening up my true self, and I should apologise to her for making her feel like she is worthless. She deserved the whole world. There is only one life. What if my thighs and nose were huge, and what if I had acne? What if I had to wear baggy clothes because I was ashamed of my body? The truth was always before my eyes. The truth is that I was happier then than I am now.

No matter how much I wanted to forget her, I couldn't. I just couldn't. The real me that I hated so much deserves an apology from me. If only I had embraced her. Instead of shutting her inside and letting her rot, I should have set her free. Then maybe I would not have grown up to be this pathetic individual.

But that all changes today. I can breathe freely today.

"No, you did not do anything stupid. We have training, remember? Go home, get ready and meet me there," I say to August. He nods and leaves after saying thank you to Mrs Black.

"You are not going to tell him?" Ace questions.

"I will, after practice. Pick me up in half an hour," I inform Ace and leave.

Once I reach home. I take a quick shower and wear a tank top and jeans over my sports bra and shorts. I leave a note to my parents and head to the gym with Ace.