First Date

Soooo, I am a nervous wreck right now. Today is my first date with Carter, and I honestly do not know what to do.

"Will you stop biting me?" Cam stays, putting a hand over my mouth and pushing me away.

"Just what did Carter do to make you all nervous for a date with him?" Cam glares, rubbing the spot where I bit her.

"I am sorry. I have never been on a date before," I say, biting the pillow instead when Cam glares at me.

"I am going on a date, Cam. I don't know what to do. How should I act? Should I eat a salad? Should I giggle at every lame joke he makes? Should I wear a dress? Or just hoodie and sweatpants? I am going crazy here," I say, feeling my lunch make its way upwards.

Cam looks at me like I am a seven-headed monster and sighs. She holds my hand and pulls me towards her, and squishes my cheeks between her fingers, rolling her eyes.

"Look here, missy, you are going on this date, and you will enjoy it. To answer your questions, act like yourself, and please eat whatever the heck you want. You can scarf down ten burgers and fries, yet still, my idiot cousin will be happy and proud of you. Please, for the love of God, don't giggle at his lame jokes because you make me want to murder myself for just imagining it. Wear whatever you feel the most confident in, and yes, it can even be hoodie and sweatpants," Cam answers and slaps my cheeks lightly.

"I am surprised you answered my questions in order," I laugh, rubbing my cheeks.

"Alex, Carter did not fall in love with Alexis, a skilled fighter and the girl who is so gorgeous and confident. He fell in love with the girl who always had a book in her hand, who had braces, who would not hesitate to stand up for her friends, who loved bubble-gum-flavoured gum, who did not care if the whole world stood against her as long as she had her friends, who are her whole world, with her. Carter fell in love with someone whose glasses never sat still on her nose and whose hair always smelled like the gum she was chewing. He fell in love because it's you," Cam finishes, smiling warmly.

I let her words sink in, and I felt myself calming down. Yes, it's Carter we are talking about. He is someone who has already seen my worst, and he still chose to stay. I don't have anything to worry about because I love him too.

My jaw hangs open at the sudden revelation, making Cam look at me weirdly.

"Cameron, I just realized something. I love him. I love him. I LOVE CARTER," I jump around her like an excited puppy.

"You are realizing that now?" She questions, laughing.

"What do you mean?"

"You must have seen how you looked at Carter every time after he revealed himself because those are the eyes of someone who is so hopelessly in love,"

True, because I really was not disappointed that it was Carter. I was in love with him all along. My heart knew, and it took time for my brain to catch up.

"Thanks, Cam. It's really creepy how much you and your cousin know about me. What did I get myself into?" I ask from inside the washroom as I change into my outfit.

"Haha, very funny," Cam says as I come out.

Somebody comes barging into my room, making us scream. I look at the culprit and find Ace holding my skateboard.

"What happened? I heard yelling a few minutes ago" Ace yells, looking around the room.

"She realized she is in love," Cam says with a shrug.

"At least it didn't take me two years," I say and stand in front of the mirror. 

Through the mirror, I see two pairs of eyes creating holes in my head with their fierce glaring.