A4 Sleepover

"OPEN, OPEN, OPEN, OP-"

"You have the damn key," Adora says after opening the door so hard that I am surprised the door is still standing.

"Boy, you are really not a morning person," I quote Monica.

"You have a key, Alex. You know how a key works, right?" Adora says, sighing.

"Oh," I say, the realization dawning on me. I left the key at home.

"We also have a spare key under the flower pot," She says, exasperated.

"Correction, you have one real key and two hundred replicas," I deadpan, thinking of Ace's stupid idea to confuse a burglar.

"The real key has A4 written on it," she replies, rolling her eyes.

"Oh," I remember her telling me that one day, "OH. Yeah," I smile sheepishly.

"You made me get out of the wonderful bath that I was soaking myself in,"

Now that I look at her, Adora's hair is wet, she is only wearing a bathrobe, and she smells like lavender.

"Why didn't Ace open the door?" I question, getting in and placing all the food in the dining room.

"My stupid brother and August are very 'busy' playing Mario Kart," Adora says, locking the door.

 "Now, if you will excuse me, I am in the middle of taking a much-needed bath, and Carter, make yourself at home," She smiles and hurries up the stairs.

"Ado," I call, and she turns her head to look at me.

"Ready for an A4 party?" I ask, excited.

"It has been so long since we had one of those. I am so in,"

"Hurry," I urge her. She nods and runs to get ready.

"So, let's prank those idiots, shall we?" I ask Carter with a smirk.

"Oh, this is going to be so good," Carter grins.

We slowly make our way upstairs to Ace's room, where I hear their faint yelling. I slowly open the door, careful not to make much noise and find them sitting on Ace's bed and racing each other on Mario Kart.

"So, I will hide under the bed and scare them. You switch off the light, close the door quickly and hide before they remove their headset and hear you. Then I will play the creepy song, and when they try to get up, I will grab their legs hard enough to make them trip and fall. You will be standing on the other side of the door wearing this clown mask and holding a torch light to your face. Then for the final touch, splash this flour on the first person that opens the door,"

"May the odds be ever in their favour," Carter says, making me chuckle.

"This is going to be epic. I so badly want to see their reaction," Carter says, pouting.

"Let's go," I say, slowly and quietly slipping inside their room. The way Ace's tv is placed gives us an advantage to successfully prank my best friends. They are facing the tv, which is fixed on the wall parallel to the door, giving us a perfect view of their backs, giving me the advantage to hide under his bed without being seen.

I successfully hide under the bed without getting noticed and give a thumbs-up to Carter. It finally begins.

Carter switches off the light and closes the door before they notice. The room becomes eerily quiet, making me wonder if they fell asleep.

"Did you switch off the lights?" Ace asks Blue.

"I am sitting right here, you idiot. I would have to walk a few centimetres to reach the light switch," Blue says flatly, but then his tone changes, "But your room has an emergency light that turns on if the power goes off, right?"

"Yes, this is very unusual," Ace says, getting scared. Ace has a deathly fear of ghosts. He saw a dark figure in his bathroom mirror when he was three. I can imagine how that traumatized him as a kid. I know I am a terrible friend, but this is fun.

I fumble with my phone, totally forgetting about the fact that I have to play that creepy song, making a lot of noise in the process.

"Did you hear that?" I hear Ace whisper to Blue.

"I have ears," Blue whispers back, making me chuckle. Finally, the song starts playing,

'Ding dong

I know you can hear me

Open up the door

I only want to play a little

Ding dong

You can't keep me waiting

It's already too late

For you to try and run away,'

I am pretty sure they are frozen in fear because it was eerily quiet during the song.

"I think this is the part we run away from the room," Blue whispers, his voice shaking.

"My legs won't move,"

"Come on,"

Slowly they place their feet on the ground, and after I make out whose leg is whose, I roughly grab their ankles, making them jump so high off the floor. August loses balance and falls face-first. It is not dark enough to blind a person but dark enough to make out a silhouette. Blue falls in a way that forces him to look under the bed. Oh boy.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" That was so loud, I am pretty sure I am deaf in one ear. While screaming, he scrambles to his feet and tries to run away. I look to the side and see Ace trying to open the door. The door flies open, and this time, Ace screams loud enough to make me completely deaf.

SPLAT

The light switches on, and Carter starts laughing.

I crawl out from under the bed, earning shrieks from all three of them. This was unplanned but still hilarious. I look at Ace's face covered in flour, and I lose it.

I start laughing, I laugh standing up, and then I laugh so hard, I fall to the ground, then I roll around and laugh some more. When I am done, I am completely breathless, and I make the mistake of looking at Ace's face again, and I fall into another fit of laughter.

It takes me a solid five minutes to stop laughing. After I am sure I won't laugh anymore, I look at all three of them, and Carter's face is red from laughing, Ace is trying to clean his face, and judging from August's expression, he is already planning his revenge.

"Okay, so, I will admit, this prank tops any other prank we have ever done," Ace admits, chuckling.

I start chuckling uncontrollably, my shoulders silently shaking. One minute you are on the ground, and the other, you are on someone's shoulder. It is a complete miracle.

"How about a night swim?"

                  __________________________

I am so sorry about not posting for so long. I have been very busy with my final year projects and other works. I will try to post regularly after 8th may, that is when my exams get over. Thank you for being patient with me. I love you. Jesus loves you.

Love 😍
Author