Finally

"How are you feeling?" Ace questions while driving back home.

"Nervous?" I answer, but it comes more like a question.

I look back and see August's car following us. I sigh and relax in the seat.

The music suddenly stops, and I can see August's name flash on the screen.

"Why is he calling?" I question and am about to turn back to look, but Ace stops me.

"Don't," I look at him, confused.

Ace takes his phone out of his pocket and brings it to his ear. Then he hits the accept call button on his steering wheel.

"Hey!" Ace greets.

"Ace. You are not on speaker, right?" August questions.

"Nope," Ace answers and gives me a smirk. I look at him, not liking where this is going.

"Ace, I don't know what to do," August whines, and my jaw hangs open. He sounded like a girl whining to her best friend about her crush.

"About what?" Ace answers calmly while shaking his head like a madman telling me not to laugh. I snicker and quickly cough loudly.

"Is that Dove? Is she okay?" I hear August's worried voice. I silently aww.

"She is fine. Don't worry about her. Maybe a fly went inside her mouth. She is sleeping like the dead with her mouth hanging open. Now she is glaring at me," Ace chuckles while I glare holes on the side of his head.

"I am happy," August starts, and Ace waits for him to talk again.

"It was so hard for me to keep it all inside and not tell anybody. I made the most important person in my life cry, and I physically could not digest that. It was so hard," I could hear Blue's voice breaking.

I take a deep breath to stop myself from crying. We both suffered a lot these past two years. But we grew strong in our own way. I am sure it must have been very tough for him to come here knowing that I hated him.

"I am sure it was," Ace smiles sadly at me.

"Not anymore. I am glad you gave me so much to drink. I would have never told Alex the truth on my own," Blue chuckles.

"You should be. Do you know how much trouble I had to go through to make you drink? I had to distract you, then I drank half of your orange juice and poured some alcohol, but not much, so you won't find out. I also had to pry open your mouth to make you drink. I even had to drug you," Ace mumbles the last part.

"You drugged him?"

"You drugged me?"

Both Blue and I shout.

"Wait? Are you on speaker?" August asks, suspicion evident in his voice. I can imagine him narrowing his eyes.

"Nooo?" Ace answers his question with a question, and I facepalm.

"She is talking with a friend," He answers and widens his eyes, asking me to talk.

"Cameron, you know you can't drug your brother to stop him from annoying you," I say and cringe. Cameron does not have a brother.

"That is a weird way to stop someone from annoying you," Ace and I sigh, knowing he believed it.

"Yeah, you can say that again," Ace says, glaring at me for not coming up with another lie.

I gape at him. Hey, he should be happy I even lied. I technically saved Ace from getting murdered.

"Calm yourself and get ready to be interrogated," Ace warns August.

"Aye Aye, Captain," August ends the call.

"So, about opening his mo-"

"Don't. Don't even go there," Ace warns, his cheeks turning pink.

I laugh at his expression and start laughing harder when his ears start turning red.

"So, what techniques did you use to distract him?"

"Alexis," Ace warns.

"Alright, alright," I say, laughing.

We soon reach my house, and I get out and nearly bump into August.

"Sorry," I say and smile warmly at him.

"No worries," He smiles back and follows me.

"Mom, I am home," I announce and sit down on the couch with a plop. Ah, I am tired.

"Welcome ba-" Mom stops mid-sentence when she sees August.

"August," She exclaims and pulls him into a tight hug.

"How are you, honey?" She questions, ruffling his hair.

"I am good, mom," He answers, tears pooling in his eyes.

August's parents were never home. He is used to living alone with only a housekeeper to tend to him. He receives a call once a year, only during his birthday. And I am pretty sure the conversation goes like this,

"Happy Birthday August,"

"Thanks, mother. How are-"

"Here, your father wants to wish,"

"Happy birthday, August,"

"Thank you, father. How are-"

"We deposited some money into your account. Get yourself a present,"

The line goes flat.

So, every birthday before he left, he spent here. So, my mom somehow became his mom too. He accidentally called her that about eight years ago, and it has stuck ever since.

"It is so good to have you back. I missed you," My mom smiles.

"I missed you too,"

"Mom, I am right here," I say, and they give me an exasperated look.

"Alright," I say and raise my hand in surrender and receive a jab to the elbow from Ace. I roll my eyes, and mom and Blue start chatting.

"Your dad is going to be so excited,"

"Yeah, I am sure he missed his football partner," I grin.

"Bring him to my room once he is done," I instruct Ace and head upstairs to take a shower.

I let the hot water soothe my strained muscles and come out wearing a tank top and shorts.

"AHHH," I scream, hitting the black shadow with the towel.

"AHHHH, Dove, stop hitting," I stop myself after hearing the familiar voice.

"Blue? Why is the room dark? I remember switching on the light,"

"I accidentally switched it off, and before I could switch it on, I tripped, and now I can't find the switch," He explains, embarrassed.

"You are hopeless," I chuckle.

"You are still the clumsy and weak kid, Blue," I switch on the light and wince slightly from the brightness. Once my eyes adjust, I glance at August and find him looking at me with a lovable expression and tears in his eyes.

What he does next takes me by complete surprise.

"Dove," he wails loudly and puts his hands out to grab me. Well, me being me, my instincts kick in, and I twist his hand and push him down.

"Oof," Blue groans in pain.

Oops. 

              ____________________________

Guys. THIS STORY IS SO CLOSE TO HITTING 10K VIEWS. I am so freaking happy. It's all praise and glory to my father Jesus. I thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart. Also, two readers commented that they wanted me to update soon, and I was so happy. My exam starts next week, so the update might be slow, and also because I only have one more chapter written.

Know that your comments and votes makes me really happy. So vote and leave a comment. I love you. Jesus loves you.

Love😍
Author