No Way

"AHHHHH," We hear simultaneous shrieks from the twins, and all three of us burst out laughing and immediately put a hand over each other's mouths to muffle the sound. I lick the inside of Blue's hands while Carter licks mine. I instantly pull my hand in disgust and wipe it on his hoodie.

"See, great minds think alike," Carter winks, making both Blue and I roll our eyes.

"Don't you think it is eerily quiet?" I whisper.

"Yeah, they should still be screaming by now," August whispers back.

"Yeah, I wonder why they stopped?" A voice echoes from behind us and all three of us shriek, startled.

Ace and Adora are standing in front of us, covered in shaving cream and feathers.

"Happy Halloween," I greet nervously.

"I don't think behind the stairs is the best place to hide after pulling such an awesome prank. Don't you think so, my dear twin?" Ace smiles sweetly.

"Yeah, my dear twin. How about six feet under the earth? No one will be able to find them," Adora smirks.

"I don't know if they are being serious or sarcastic," Carter comments.

"Only one way to find out. RUN," August screams, taking off.

Carter and I follow behind him, running for our lives.

I look behind to see both of them hot on our trails. I laugh, picking up my speed and running outside to the backyard. Blue smirks, handing me the final part of the prank.

"I think both your hair needs to be coloured for-" Blue starts.

"HALLOWEEN," Carter and I shout.

Blue and I throw the balloon filled with the blue dye at Ace, and Carter creeps up behind Adora and smashes the balloon with pink dye on her hair.

I wink at Carter, and he walks towards me with two balloons filled with red dye. I take one from his hand, and we both smash it on top of Blue's head, who is busy laughing.

"AHH," He screams as the cold dye runs down his face.

This time the twins also join us in laughing, forgetting about the hair dye running down their faces.

"Ah, this was great," I comment, wiping the tears that escaped my eyes from laughing.

"It is not over yet," Blue whispers in my ear,

"Oops," He hugs me, making me shriek, rubbing all the dye on my clothes and face.

"No, please, I like my blonde hair," Carter begs, and Ace has him in a headlock as Adora rubs the extra pink dye on his hair.

"My, what happened," Mrs Black exclaims as she sees the mess we have made in her backyard.

"This is a great welcome home present," A voice echoes.

"Dad," The twins exclaim, shocked and run to hug their father. Mr Black does not mind the mess and hugs his children happily.

"My sweet pie," Mr Black opens his arms for a hug. I laugh and run into his arms. Mr Black was my father's best friend back in high school. But they did not see each other after that as Mr Black went abroad to open his business.

Imagine my dad's shock when he saw Mr Black one day six years ago as he came to pick me up. They were elated to see each other again and talked the whole night. Since then, Mr Black has considered me as his own. The twins and I spent a lot of time together whenever Mr Black came to visit. He travels a lot for his business but still comes home quite often.

"August," He exclaims, shocked.

"Mr Black," August nods in respect.

"It has been so long," Mr Black hugs August too.

"Well, it was nice to see you all again. I am taking my wife on a hot date, so see you guys later," Mr Black says, making his wife blush profusely.

"Cute," I aww.

"Eww, dad," The twins say together.

They laugh and enter the house. I look at all of the mess and sigh.

"Last one in has to clean the whole mess," I say and run inside.

"NOT FAIR," I hear a chorus of yelling and chuckle.

I hop inside Ado's bathroom and take a much-needed shower. I always have some sets of clothes here because I often sleep over. I get dressed in a blank tank top and white jean shorts. I head down after dressing and find everyone showered and dressed too. Adora's and Carter's hair is pink, Ace's hair is blue, Blue's hair is red, oh, the contrast. Mine is mildly red in the roots, and that looks good.

"Looking good, girl," I say to Adora, and she flips her hair, the roots hitting Carter on the face, and we burst out laughing.

"We have training in two hours. Wanna come see?" Blue asks everyone.

"Yes, that would be awesome," Carter states.

"Hell yeah. I want to see my best friend fight," Ado exclaims.

I laugh at their enthusiasm and pack my training clothes, protein bar, and some water bottles. I pack some extra snacks for all of them too.

After watching a few episodes of Brooklyn nine-nine, we all head towards the gym. Blue and I go to change clothes while Ace shows his twin and Carter around. I change into a black sports bra and black sports shorts. I take a towel and head outside.

The scene outside catches me off guard. Ace is sitting on top of a yelling Carter.

"I GIVE UP. I GIVE UP," Carter cries, clearly in pain. Ace gets off of Carter and hands him a hand to help him.

"Let me recap what happened five minutes ago," Ado says, looking at my confused expression.

"This place is so cool," Carter says in awe.

"Look, a punching bag. Wow, a boxing ring and lights. Wowwww," He exclaims like a kid.

"Ace, are you really that strong? You don't look so strong," Carter says, genuinely curious.

Ace casually kicks the back of his knee, making him fall face-first. He takes Carter's hands and holds them tightly behind his back, enough to cause pain.

"So, changed your mind?"

"He had it coming," I laugh at Carter's stupidity and spot Asher walking towards us.

"Carter?" Ashes ask, surprised.

"Asher?" Carters mirror his expression.

"You two know each other?" Blue asks, coming out.

"Know each other?" Asher laughs, sarcastically.

"Don't," Carter warns.

"You know there are many fighting arenas like this, right?" Asher questions.

There are many underground fighting arenas all over the state.It is a nationwide event that takes place every two years, and every state has a champion. This is illegal, but there is no killing involved.

"Where are you going with this?" I question.

"Carter is the champion from New York," 

                 _____________________

Happy new year everyone. I hope you all will continuously support and love this book. I have still not completed the story, though I promised. Sorry for that. It's just writers block can be a pain sometimes. But I hope you won't nind waiting. Anyway have a blessed year ahead. Jesus loves you. I love you. Take care.

Love 😍
Author