Birthday Bash

We fall asleep while talking, and I later wake up to loud snoring from my right side.

I sit up, rub my eyes, yawn once and look at the source of the loud snoring. Ace is snoring like he hasn't slept in days while drooling. I look to my right, and Adora is sleeping peacefully, hugging the new teddy bear that Carter got for her.

I glance down and see Blue and Carter on the made-up bed on the floor, sleeping while hugging each other, or more like Carter is smothering Blue. Blue is sleeping in an attention position, and Carter is cuddling Blue like his life depends on it.

I quickly take my phone to click a picture to treasure these moments and tease Blue until he dies. The sound awakens Ace, and he groans.

"What time is it?"

"A little over 10," I say and poke him.

"Stop poking," He whines and rolls down.

"Ace, no, Bl-"

"OOOOFF," Carter coughs as Ace lands on him.

"My arm, my arm," Carter cries and returns to sleep.

"Is he for real?" Ace questions, looking at me, and I shrug.

"Hehe," Ace laughs, and I take my phone to record, knowing he is up to no good.

He starts tickling Carter, and Carter starts laughing and squirming to avoid Ace, waking up Blue in the process.

"What the hell?

Carter starts ticking Blue, and Blue lands one punch to his ribs using his elbow.

"Ouch," Ace and I comment.

Blue gets up, yawns and stretches while Carter is wiggling in pain.

"You brought this upon yourself," Blue states and walks away, humming a song.

"Are you okay?" I ask, crouching next to him.

"I am a champion. I have gone through worse," Carter says, his voice strained.

" Ace, Happy birthday," I wish, and he gives me a massive smile while picking me up and twirling.

"Ace, put me down," I say while laughing.

"What is all the ruckus this early in the morning?" Adora asks, groggily.

"Ado," I exclaim as Ace puts me down. I run and fall on top, pulling her into a hug.

"Happy birthdayyyy," I laugh, and she sighs.

"Thank you, Alex," She smiles and hugs me tighter.

"Hey, come on. We have a huge breakfast feast prepared," Blue says, coming into the room holding a plate full of food.

We freshen up and meet Mrs Black downstairs for breakfast while the twins decide to take a bath.

The downstairs is decorated beautifully for their birthday, and Carter, Blue and I discuss what we should do today.

"ALEXIS FREAKING DOVE CARTER,"

I drop the plate on the floor, surprised and moments later, two very furious birthday twins in their bathrobes come into our view.

There is pin-drop silence for a brief moment, and then the laughter starts.

Ace's hair is Blue, while Adora's is pink. Their teeth are black, and they're covered in glitter from head to toe.

"Okay, I am sorry, but I totally forgot about this," I say while laughing.

"You forgot? That makes it so much worse," Ace shrieks.

"I have blue hair on my birthday. I wanted to take good pictures,"

"You look good, though," Carter says, his tone sincere.

Still silence, and then Carter bursts out laughing.

"I am sorry. I tried to make you feel better,"

"You look like a smurf," Blue adds fuel to the fire.

"I will make it up to you. I promise," I say, holding back laughter.

"I like my pink hair. Will the black colour and glitter wash off?" Ado questions.

"Yeah, in one wash itself," I say, and they both go to take another bath.

"How did it slip our minds?" I question.

"I stopped thinking the moment I saw food," Carter says, scarfing down a pancake.

"Egh. Your food is not running away, so eat slowly,"

Once the twins come down, we spend the rest of the day just chilling, talking about nothing and everything. They did try to kill me once for the pranks. Thank God Mrs Black saved me.

Slowly, people start arriving for the birthday party, and the twins make a grand entrance in their matching outfits.

They go around the room speaking with their friends, and Blue and I are just monitoring the party.

"Today was good," I start.

"Enjoy while you can, Dove. So many things are happening next week," Blue states.

"What do you mean?" I ask, perplexed by his words.

A text interrupts our conversation, and I excuse myself. He is here.

"You made it," I say to the boy once I open the door.

"How could I not? You visited me for a week every day," He chuckles.

"Yeah, sorry about that," I say, embarrassed.

"No problem. I can't wait to meet your friend. She sounds wonderful,"

"Let me lead the way,"

"Ado," I tap her shoulder.

She turns back and gasps in surprise.

"You?" He asks, shocked.

"The cafe guy," She exclaims.

"I figured you guys could at least be friends since...," I trail off.

"Friends?" Nathan questions.

"Can I talk to you in private," Ado asks and pulls the boy away, but he looks back and thanks me before disappearing.

"Well, that was weird," Ace states, coming to my side.

"Maybe she was shy to talk in front of us," Carter shrugs, taking a huge bite of cake.

"Carter, that is your seventh piece. Too much cake is bad for you," Ace yells and starts chasing Carter.

I look outside and see Ado and Nathan talking and laughing, making me smile.

"Well, today was a success," August says, handing me a piece of cake.

"Yeah, I would say so," I smile.

"You better be careful. It's your birthday next," August warns.

"No amount of prank can bring me down that day," I say, remembering the letter.

"Why? Something good is going to happen?"

"Yeah, and it will also be the first birthday with you after a while," I say.

"Yeah, I can't wait to celebrate it with you. Carter will be gone by then, and finally, I can sleep in peace without having the fear of being shipped to Amazon," He sighs, making me laugh.

"Hey, about what you said before. What did you mean?" I ask again.

"ALEXIS DOVE CARTER. DID YOU JUST ORDER 200 PIZZAS," I hear Ace yell over the music, and the room goes quiet.

"Well, time to run to another country, change my name and live in hiding forever. Say my goodbyes to everyone, and don't look for me," I say and run away from Ace.

                       __________________

Hey guys. Here is another chapter for you. The next few chapters is going to be intense. Can't wait for you all to read it. Vote and leave a comment. Jesus loves you.

Love 😍
Author