Birthday Preparation

"Hey, it's the twin's birthday tomorrow. Think of any pranks to play on them?" Carter asks, making me look at him from the corner of my eye.

"Pranks? Seriously? That's the first thing you can think of? How about, 'Hey, you have any surprise planned for them?" I say with a sigh as I close the book I am currently reading for my class.

"That's why you like me," He smirks, taking the book from my hands.

"You are right about that," I smile, already having so many pranks in mind.

"I already have plenty planned," I say and start explaining.

Once I am done, Carter's mouth is wide open, either in awe or disbelief, I am not sure which.

"I am sure one of them is going to break down crying," A voice states, making Carter and I scream and jump off the bed in surprise.

"You are an evil mastermind, aren't you?" Blue speaks, moving away from the doorpost he was leaning on.

"Bro, I am pretty sure my heart skipped a beat," Carter says, clutching his chest.

"Not in a good way," He adds after seeing Blue's smirk.

"You hurt me," Blue gasps with mock hurt.

"So, I have some happy news," Blue states, sitting on my bed after throwing my book to the side,

"What?" I ask, picking up my book and keeping it safely on my table.

"So, Ace will be out helping Asher with the competition,"

"What about Ado?" I question.

"Yeah, her too. She is meeting up with her friend or something," He waves it off.

"Well, ok," I answer, confused by his tone.

"Then, that gives us enough time to set up the pranks,"

"Yep, let's go,"

I pack the necessary tools for the prank, and the boys help me load the car. We start heading to their house, jamming to loser lover by txt and stopping in the middle to get some food to replenish our energy.

"You guys have a lot of time to set up everything you need," Mrs Black says once she sees the bags in our hands.

"You know about this?" I question, surprised.

"Who else did you think gave me the information about the twins?" Blue answers, placing the food on the countertop.

"I want to see their reactions later," Mrs Black laughs.

"I will send you the video," I chuckle.

"Let's make it a birthday they won't ever forget, shall we?"

"Phew, I am exhausted," I say, plopping down on the sofa next to Blue and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Did you speak to him?" Blue questions.

"Him?" Carter asks.

"You will know when you meet him, and no, thanks for reminding me," I say.

"Carter, would you be a doll and get my phone for me?" I ask sweetly.

"I hate you," He sighs and gets up anyway.

I text the person reminding him to come tomorrow for the surprise and stand up to stretch. I look at the time and glance at Blue.

"When did you say they were coming back home?"

"I didn't, but Ace texted me earlier saying he'll pick Adora up and be home by sevenish,"

"Ooh, we are in deep sh-" Before I can finish speaking, we hear a car pull up in the driveway. We look at each other in panic.

"We are in trouble,"

'Yeah, no sh-" We hear the door opening and scramble to hide.

August quickly takes the bag we brought and catches up with us as we enter the garage through the back door. But sadly, we made a lot of noise trying to run away.

We hear hushed voices, and soon two footsteps walk towards the garage.

"Hide," I whisper and hide behind the car's rear wheel.

The garage door opens, and all I can hear is the loud beating of my heart.

You might ask why we are hiding. Well, we lied. I said I was with Carter training, and August even lied, saying he had a funeral to attend.

I hear footsteps making their way to where I am hiding, and I quickly tip-toe to the backside of the car and hold my breath.

"Ace, Adora," Mrs Black's voice echoes.

"Coming," Ace answers.

"It's probably mice. Mom said she could hear squeaking at night," Adora says, and on cue, we can hear squeaking.

"Let's go back," Ace says, and they head inside.

I let out the breath I was holding and stand up. Carter crawls from under the car, and someone covers my mouth before I scream.

I look back, and August has his finger over his lips, telling me to be quiet. We silently run to our car parked a few blocks away, neither of us speaking till we settle down.

"Well, that was wild," Carter breaks the silence.

We look at each other and suddenly break down laughing. We laugh to the point where all three of us have tears streaming down our faces.

"You scared me," I tell Carter hoping he understood as I am still laughing pretty hard.

"You should have seen your face," He laughs harder.

"Please stop," I beg once my stomach starts hurting so bad.

"I know. I can't stop laughing," August says, wiping his tears.

"The rat squeaking was terrible," I laugh.

"I had to make them think it was the mice," Blue answers, rubbing his jaw.

"My jaw hurts," Blue whines.

"Come on, we still have to go get the cake," Carter reminds us, and we head to the cake shop. Once we get the cake, we go to my home and prepare for the first prank.

I dress up as Georgie from IT and Carter as the clown. August comes in, holding a single red balloon.

"AHHH," August and I scream when Carter comes out fully dressed.

"I really hope they don't die from a heart attack when they see you," August tsks.

"How are you going to scare them both?" Carter questions as he takes pictures with August.

"It's their tradition to watch movies and sleep in one room on their birthdays," I answer, joining them.

"You asked Mrs Black to make them watch IT. Wow, you are a genius," Carter exclaims.

"Let the fun begin, and may the odds ever be in their favour,"

                 ______________________

Hey guys. Here is another fun chapter. Let me know if you found it fun. Thank you so much to everyone who wait for the chapters and read my book. You make me happy. Vote and leave a comment. Jesus loves you.

Love 😍
Author