How It's Going

It has been eight days, 17 hours, 59 minutes and 46 seconds since my best friend confessed about destroying my friendship and life about three years ago. It's not like I am counting or anything. Wait, why does it seem like a deja vu moment?

I sigh and cuddle deeper into the blanket I am currently living in. I sigh as I take another bite of chocolate ice cream and mindlessly watch the series playing on my laptop. I have no idea what series it is though.

Ace opens my bedroom door and barges in. He looks at me all cooped up in my blanket and sighs. Blue enters a bit later and tsks. What's with the sighing and tsking? 

"You know, it's rude to enter before knocking," I say.

"You are my best friend. I don't need to knock,"

"What if I was changing?" I question.

"Well, you are not," Ace retorts. Someone needs to teach this kid manners.

"Deja vu?" Ace and I say at the same time.

"We have had this conversation before," I exclaim, and Ace laughs while August looks at us, puzzled.

"Nothing has changed," I say and chuckle. I am feeling a lot better, thanks to Ace.

"Well, one thing has," Ace mentions, catching Blue by surprise by pulling him into a side hug.

"Bro, let me go," Blue says, trying to free himself, and Ace headlocks him and rubs his head with his knuckles. Ouch, that must hurt.

"Come on, Alex. The tournament is in a few weeks, and you need to get ready," Ace whines, trying to separate me from my blanket.

"Noooooo," I whine back and firmly wrap it around myself.

"Okay, don't say I didn't warn you," Ace comments, and Blue enters, holding a bottle of ice-cold water. How do I know it's ice cold? Because I was the one who put it in the freezer yesterday.

"NOOO, WAIT, WAIT, THIS IS MY FAVOURITE BLANKET," I scream as Blue throws the water straight on my face.

"Now you have no choice but to go shower," Ace grins, high-fiving Blue.

"You guys have exactly three seconds, or more than that because I have to escape from my blanket to chase you," I say while untangling myself.

"Run," I say with the sweetest smile when I finally free myself.

I scream as I take off, and they shriek as they run away.

"You really shouldn't beat up boys like that," Ace comments five minutes into the drive.

After I caught them, I might or might not have kicked them hard down there. I know it was very cruel of me to kick them there. But that really was my favourite blanket. It was a gift from my dad on my 10th birthday.

"You guys were able to defend yourself though," I point out.

"It still doesn't hurt any less," Blue comments, sulking in the passenger seat.

"You know," I start with a sad smile.

"On a day like this two years ago, Ace took me to the arena. Imagine my surprise when I found out you guys were underground fighters," I chuckle, and Ace chuckles with me. Blue remains silent, waiting for me to talk more.

"It was the day my life started turning around. I learnt how to fight and stand up for myself. I became confident in myself and started to heal. It was a tough journey, and looking back, I wonder how I was able to do it,"

"You cried a lot when you got punched for the first time," Ace chuckles.

"I did. It hurt a lot. That first punch brought me back to reality. It was a total wake-up call," I laugh.

"Once you got stronger, you punched the guy back twice as hard. Poor guy, he resigned because of you," Ace informs.

"Hey, he couldn't handle being punched by a girl," I defend myself.

"You did work twice as hard as anyone else. I had to drag you back home on some days," Ace comments.

"Some days were so bad that training was the only thing that helped," I say as I remember days when it would hit me the most that Blue left—his birthday, my birthday, and movie night Thursday.

"Do you hate me for doing that to you?" Blue suddenly asks, making me think.

"Yes, I hated you so much. Hating you was my escape. Hating you made me stronger. It taught me to be independent. I was way too dependent on you and the twins. I was living inside a very happy bubble where I had friends who loved me and protected me at all times. I was spoiled, way too spoiled. I was naive. I didn't know the world outside my bubble would have people who would do anything to put other people down and have no remorse for doing it,"

"Now I know how to take care of myself. That is more important than me regretting it or hating you," I finish.

"I don't hate you, Blue," I put my hand on his shoulder, making him look at me.

"I am fine, can't you see," I smile, and he looks at me with eyes holding so much guilt and regret.

"I am alright, and you will be too. Just let go, don't keep it stored up. It will slowly eat you away. I am okay," I smile widely to let him know I mean it.

"We are here," Ace announces.

"Ace, I am sorry for eating all the candy from your secret stash. I didn't think that was a crime worthy of murder," I say before entering the gym.

"It was you?" Ace gasps quite dramatically, making him choke on his spit.

"Alright, alright. There you go," Blue pats Ace on the back quite hard, making Ace glare at him while coughing.

"August, don't kill him," Asher comments, coming out after hearing the commotion.

"Alex, what are you doing here? I thought you were not coming today," Asher questions.

"I have to beat the Don, don't I?" I smirk, making Asher laugh.

"Is this legal?" I look at Ace, with a smile on my face.

"We might have gone to jail once,"

This time, Blue answers. 

                ______________________

Hey guys. Here is another chapter. I had so much fun writing this one. It also refers to the 'how it started' chapter. I wrote it because I wanted to let the readers know that things will not always be bad. Once the bad is over the good comes, like the rainbow after the rain. God's promise to never flood the earth again. So, it's okay. Things will be fine. You will be happy again. Also, I am starting to have more people waiting  for my update and you have no idea how happy that makes me. Jesus loves you.

ALSO, THIS STORY WAS ELIGIBLE FOR THE WATTYS, AND I ENTERED. Let's see what happens.

Love 😍
Author