Pranked

As the clock says 11: 50, we pull up to the twin's house. We take all the necessary items, and Mrs Black lets us in.

"I gave them almonds and warm milk, so they must be dead by now," Mrs Black answers, making us halt. Mrs Black looks at our reaction and chuckles.

"Dead as in dead asleep," She clarifies.

"She scares me," Carter whispers to Blue.

"I know," Blue answers, making me chuckle.

"I made them watch IT, and they are asleep in Adora's room. Now, off you go. Just don't give my children a heart attack for real. I was about to scream when I saw Carter,"

"Will do, Mrs Black," I answer, and we head upstairs.

"Carter, Cake?"

"Check,"

"Blue, Gifts?"

"Check,"

"Ballon, check," I say and look at them.

"Let's go wish them a happy birthday, shall we?" I smirk and slowly open the door not to make much noise.

I enter first and see the twins asleep peacefully. The other two slowly enter, and we assume our positions for the prank. Blue walks towards Ado's side of the bed and gives me a thumbs-up. Carter stands behind me after setting up a camera, all set. The room is bright enough to see the other person's silhouette.

"Ready, Go," I whisper, excited to start the prank.

Just as planned, Blue sprinkles water on Adora's face, enough to wake her up and he crouches. Adora sleepily sits up and wipes the water off her face. She slowly opens her eyes and spots me, in Georgie's outfit, holding the red balloon.

She rubs her eyes once and looks again. She stills when she confirms something is standing in front of her. She slowly shakes Ace, trying to wake him up.

"Ace,"

"Whahiah," He mumbles something.

"Ace,"

"What?" He answers, annoyed.

"There is someone in the room,"

"You must be dreaming. Go to sleep and stop disturbing me," Ace answers, pulling the sheets over his head.

"Ace, no. There is someone here," She whispers shakily. Alarmed by her voice, Ace sits up groggily and looks at me. It's time to start.

"Save me," I whisper and hear Carter behind me, trying not to laugh. I hit him with my elbow.

"Don't let him eat me. The clown," I whisper again.

The twins are frozen in fear, and I can't hear them breathe. I hope I don't kill them with the prank. Slow eery music starts playing.

As the last touch, I scream, and on cue, Blue lights the torch at my face, making the twins shout as well. I crouch down, and the light falls on Carter, who is dressed up as the clown.

"I am coming," He cackles and runs towards the twins, who scream and try to run away. Adora looks to the left and finds Blue and Screams once more. Ace crawls under the bed, sees August's feet and yells again.

The lights turn on, and all three of us start laughing.

Adora realizes what's happening and plops on the bed, breathing heavily. Ace crawls out, sees us, and his legs give out, and he sighs in relief.

"I hate you," Adora says, her voice shaking.

"Are you crying?" I ask, going near her. Her shoulders shake, and guilt overtakes me.

"Ado, I am so sorry. If I kn-" I stop when I notice she is laughing and not crying.

Ace and Adora start laughing, and Blue and I look at each other in confusion.

"How long do you think we have been friends?" Ace questions, punching Carter slightly and sitting on the bed.

"You knew?" I ask.

"Obviously. I found it weird when Mom asked us to watch a movie with her, and on top, it was a horror movie, which she hates. So Ace and I figured you put her up with it," She answers, high-fiving Ace.

"How was our acting?" She asks, chuckling.

"Wow, you know me well," I answer with a smile.

"Happy birthday, Adora," I say and hug Ado while Carter and Blue wish Ace.

Blue and Carter disappear to get the cake, and I pull Ace into a hug.

"Happy birthday, Ace of Spades,"

"It has been so long since you called me that," He says, stroking my head.

"Let's cut the cake," Ace comes in, holding a cake.

I give them both a knife, and they cut together.

POP

The cake balloon bursts, making whipped cream fly everywhere. They both wipe the cream and look at me in disbelief.

"Last one. I swear," I answer with a laugh.

Blue comes in, holding the most beautiful cake. One part of the cake is chocolate, decorated with a cute golden retriever on the top, and the other is Red velvet with a cat.

"Make a wish and blow out the candles,"

"Happy birthday to you," We softly sing when they finish blowing, and they cut the cake and feed us. Once it is done, Carter returns to eating more, earning eye rolls from all of us.

I bring out the scrape book I made and hand it to them.

"How long did this take?" Ace asks, looking at the size.

"Three years," I answer.

"We both started this book to give you on your 18th birthday, but things happened, but she continued making," Blue states, pulling me into a hug.

They open the book and start going through it.

"This is when we first went to the ice rink,"

"Remember this? We cried so much that day,"

"I hated our math teacher for giving me this detention,"

"All of us sneaked out for doughnuts, didn't we?"

"This was the happiest day,"

We skim through the pages and talk about every beautiful and sad memory for hours. Looking back at the memories made me realize that life was adventurous and beautiful even if Blue was not there.

Bad things did happen, but I did lead a happy life, and I silently thank God for giving me a beautiful family, friends and life.

The twins come to the last page and silently read the letter I wrote for them.

Tears start falling down Adora's face, and soon Ace's too.

"What did you write in that?" Blue questions.

"My feelings," I respond.

Ace gets up and pulls me into a hug, and starts sobbing. Adora rereads the letter, laughing and crying simultaneously.

"Thank you for making my life beautiful," I say, trying not to cry.

"No, Thank you, Alexis. I love you so much,"

"I love you too,"

This is what life is all about, giving love and receiving it. The simple happy moments, along with the sad times, are what make life, life.

                     _____________________

Hey guys. Here is another chapter. Just yesterday I finished writing the mystery reveal chapter. I can't wait for you guys to read it. Vote and leave a comment. Jesus loves you.

Love 😍
Author