A good king?

'Your brother is dead. Do you know what that means?' tywin questioned Tommen as they looked upon Joffreys corpse. 'I am not trying to trick you.'

'It means I'll become king.'

'Yes you will become king. What kind of King do you think you'll be?'

'A good king?' tommen suggested.

'I think so as well.' Tywin agreeed 'you've got the right temperament for it. But what makes a good king? What's a good king single most important quality?'

'This is hardly the place or the time.' Cersei muttered,

'Holiness?'

'Baylor the blessed with holy and pious he built the sept he also named a six year old boy high Septon because he thought the boy could work miracles he ended up fasting himself into an early grave because food was of this world in this world with sinful.' Tywin told him

'Justice.' Tommen said

'A good king must be just ORYS the first was just everyone applauded his reforms nobles and commoners like but he wasn't just for long he was murdered in his sleep after less than a year by his own brother. Was that truly just of him? To abandon his subjects to an evil that he was too gullible to recognize?' tywin questioned.

'No'

'No' Tywin agreed

'What about strength?'

'Yes strength King Robert was strong he won the rebellion and crush the Targaryen dynasty... And he attended three small council meetings in 17 years. He spent his time whoring and hunting and drinking until the last two killed him. So we have a man who starves himself to death a man who lets his own brother murder him and a man who thinks that winning and ruling are the same thing. What do they all lack?' tywin questioned.

'Wisdom'

'Yes.'

'Wisdom this was makes a good king.'

'Yes. But what is wisdom? A house with great wealth and lands asks you for your protection against another house with a strong navy that could one day oppose you. How do you know which choice is wise and which isn't? You've any experience of treasuries or granaries or shipyards and soldiers?'

'No' Tommen admitted.

'No of course not.' Tywin told him 'a King knows what he knows and what he doesn't. You are young. a wise young king listens to his counselors and heads advice until he comes of age. And the wisest kings continue to listen to them long afterwards your brother was not a wise king. Your brother was not a good king. If he had been perhaps he'd still be alive now...' cersei glared over at her father, 'as the king you will have to marry. Do you understand why?'

'A king needs a queen' Tommen answered as tywin led him away.

'Yes but why?' tommen didn't answer. 'To further the family line do you know how that happens?'

'Yes' tommen said slowly.

'Yes but did anyone explain the details to you?' tywin questioned.

'I don't think so.'

'It's all relatively straightforward.' Tywin said thinking about his most recent encounter with Emmy.

''How are you?' Jamie questioned as they were leaving the sept

'I'm all right.' Tommen answered

'You are, you will be, I'll see to that,' Jamie encouraged