Chapter 4 - Sharing The Bed

Jace's POV

When Leah asked that question, I was slightly taken aback by it. We agreed to have separate bedrooms but when I poked my head into the other bedrooms, they were all bare of furniture. And with our clothes packed away in the master bedroom closet, I suppose we don't really have much of a choice.

"I could sleep on the couch in the living room and you can have the bed" I suggested to Leah. Her eyes quickly snapped up to mine and she held my gaze. I could see her fighting with herself wondering what to do until she finally spoke out.

"No, I would feel too guilty if I let you sleep on the couch. We're both adults, I'm sure we can sleep in the same bed together. We're going to be married soon so it won't really matter anyway will it" she voiced out. Why was I so nervous to sleep in the same bed as Leah? It won't exactly be the first time I'm sleeping in the same bed with a woman. But you didn't just sleep, did you? The voice in my head stated. I shook my head to rid of these thoughts. Okay maybe it's right, but this is fine.

I could tell Leah was looking at me waiting for an answer and looking very nervous at the same time. "Yeah, it'll be fine, like you said, we're both adults so it's no problem. And we can always order new furniture for the other rooms anyway and one of us can move into another room once we get it furnished"

Leah nodded, still sitting on the edge of the bed looking around the room. I walked over to her and sat down beside her and took her hand to calm her nerves. She looked at me waiting for me to speak but after waiting a moment and staring into each other's eyes, she stood up and started to walk towards the door after letting go of my hand. "Should we order some take-out?" She asked, I nodded and we decided to order pizza.

How this woman managed to eat a large pizza to herself and still look amazing is beyond me. When I've eaten dinner with women in the past, they've always ordered a small chicken salad or something similar and sometimes never even finished the whole meal. Leah ordered a large meaty pizza and finished every slice apart from a couple of the crusts. Leah was so different to other women I've met. I could tell she didn't care what other people thought of her, she was comfortable in her own body which let her eat anything she wanted. She was beautiful, inside and out. I don't know if I would've felt comfortable marrying anyone else, the way I do with her.

Deep in thought, I didn't realise when Leah was calling my name until she put her hand on my bicep to try and catch my attention. I looked over to see her eyebrows pulled together in confusion, looking straight at me. "Are you okay Jace? I was calling you but you seemed a bit lost" she asked. I nodded and gave her a sheepish smile.

"Yeah, sorry, I was just thinking about this whole wedding thing. Are you okay with marrying me?" I asked, concern evident in my voice. I really wanted to know what she thought about it now that we have spent most of the day together.

She nodded and gave me a small smile. "It's still not the way I wanted to get married, but at least I get to marry you, we still don't know each other well but we've got the rest of our lives now to do just that haven't we?"

I nodded my head and gave her a smile back and pulled her into my arms and gave her a kiss on the top of her head. "I wish you could have the opportunity to get what you want. It isn't fair but we'll make the most of it" I offered. She again, nodded and tucked her head into my shoulder and wrapped her arms around my waist. We stayed like that for some time, whilst watching a bit of TV.

She started to yawn and I could feel her dozing off onto my shoulder which made me chuckle lightly. "Are you tired?" I asked Leah, to which she nodded, too sleepy to talk I'm guessing. It's been an emotional day for us both. I scooped her up bridal style after turning off the TV and earned a little shriek from Leah's lips, and again I chuckled lightly while looking at her wide eyes, she hung her arms around my neck.