Chapter 12 - The Reception

Jace's POV

When I saw Leah walking down the aisle, I couldn't take my eyes off her. I can't believe I get to call this amazingly beautiful woman my wife. I couldn't be happier than I am today. And this is just the beginning.

We are currently at our reception, receiving congratulations and well-wishes from our friends and family, introducing each other to the guests neither of us didn't know, including some business partners on both sides.

I looked to my side and stared at my gorgeous wife with an adoring smile on my face. I tightened my grip around her waist and pulled her impossibly closer to my side, and she looked up with a questioning look on her face, then after a moment, it was replaced with the same smile.

"You good, Mrs Williams?" I asked her with a boyish grin.

"Yes, I am Mr Williams, although my feet are starting to ache already" she laughed out, with a slight grimace, probably to do with her feet.

"Don't worry, I plan on letting you rest your feet later while you're laying underneath me" I promised with a wink, earning a beautiful flush on her cheeks. Just then, there was a grip on my shoulder, I turned around to be face-to-face with Danny, Leah's best friend. He had a look of determination on his face, with a sly smile.

Leah turned around with a smile on her face, and she pulled Danny in for a hug, but then I saw her body tense before she slowly pulled away, keeping her eyes locked on something behind Danny. I took her hand in mine and pulled her closer to me, with a questioning look on my face.

Just then, long, thin fingers gripped Danny's shoulder before a petite frame came into view by his side. "Congratulations you two," Rebecca said with a sly smile, offering Leah the odd glance but keeping her main focus on me.

"What are you doing here?" Leah asked Rebecca with disgust lacing her tone.

"I'm here with Danny, I'm his date" Rebecca replied with feigning innocence.

"You can't be serious. Danny, why did you invite her, after everything I told you? She's just using you to get close to Jace again"

"You're just my friend, Leah, and you made that perfectly clear. You can't tell me who I can and cannot date. I actually kinda like Rebecca, you know. At least she doesn't hide her real feelings" Danny shot back at Leah.

"What the hell are you talking about? I've told you for so many years now that I love you like a brother. I have never led you on or given you any indication that I feel differently for you" Leah asked, tightening her grip on my hand.

I could feel Leah begin to tremble and pulled her closer to me, wrapping my arm around her waist to try to comfort her.

"You knew how I felt about you, yet you kept me close, for what? Because you love me like a brother? Bullshit Leah. If you didn't feel anything for me, then why are you jealous that I brought Rebecca as my date?"

"I am not jealous, and you know. I hate Rebecca because of what she was trying to do with MY husband." Leah's voice started to raise, earning glances our way from other guests.

"What the hell is going on over here?" My dad said after he made his way over to us, standing on my other side. I looked over noticing that Peter was standing next to Leah, with a stiff posture.

"Danny brought his date, Rebecca, my old secretary. But he's trying to cause trouble and arguing with Leah, making out that Leah had been leading him on for years when her true feelings are that she loves him as a brother" I told both our dads to help them understand the situation.

"Wait, Rebecca, as in the one that has been flirting with you and trying to cause problems between you and Leah?" to which I nodded to Peter. "Danny, my daughter has never had those types of feelings for you, in all the years you two have grown up together. I don't know where you got the idea from in all honesty, when she said it plenty of times" Peter stated to Danny, with a matter-of-fact tone.

"That's bullshit, Peter and you know it" Danny argued back, voice raising once again.

"That's enough! You do not come to my son and daughter-in-law's wedding reception, opening your mouth to spout some shit just because you love her, and she doesn't share the same feelings. Now, I suggest you leave the premises and take your dirty trash with you. And if either of you dares to step foot back in any of my buildings again, I will have you arrested for trespassing." Dad said with venom dripping from every word. I could not be more grateful to have a father like him.

Danny could sense the authority coming from dad. He was basically like the alpha wolf, what he said, goes, without question. The fear that crossed Rebecca's face said she doesn't want to be here anymore, and her taking slow, cautious steps backwards only added to that speculation.

"Oh, and Danny, you're fired," I told him before both of them were escorted from the building by security guards my father had hired. I turned to face both dads and gave them both a grateful smile and nodded in thanks. Peter leaned in and gave Leah a kiss on her cheek, with a small smile before heading toward the bar to get a well-deserved drink. My dad left after putting a hand on my shoulder and giving it a small squeeze.

"Are you okay baby?" I asked Leah, concerned that she seemed frozen in place with what had just occurred. I hated seeing her like this.

She nodded but it wasn't believable, I knew she wasn't okay. But I needed to see that smile. I pulled her into my chest and she gripped my shirt tight in her fists, resting her forehead on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her small frame and held her tight.

I pulled back slightly and took her face in my hands so I could look her in the eye. "I love you so much Leah, and I will prove that to you for the rest of our lives." I kissed the tip of her nose, earning a little giggle from her. God, I love her laugh.

"I love you too Jace, more than you know" she replied, with a small smile on her face. She reached up and kissed me before dragging me off to the bar. "I think we need a drink after that" She laughed, earning a small chuckle from me.

The rest of the night, we laughed, danced, and just enjoyed spending our happiest day with our friends and family. I couldn't have asked for better people to share this day with than these.