Chapter 20 - The Rescue

Jace's POV

We arrived at the location where we were meeting up with the other officers. I had driven my own car with Tyler, Peter and dad, and we followed Jared and the other officers who were at my house.

The officers were all talking to each other discussing any last details. Jared came over to us "Jace, I'm going to need you four to stay in the car and wait while we go in the house and restrain Danny and Rebecca"

"No chance in fucking hell, I'm going in there and I'm getting my wife" I seethed. I want to be the first person she sees, rescuing her from hell.

"Jace, it could be dangerous, we don't know if they are armed, or know of any weapons they could be carrying" he tried to warn me. "As soon as its clear, we will shout to you and you can go in"

I thought about it and decided that would be the safest option, to hopefully get her out unharmed. I nodded agreeing with him, and he patted my shoulder twice before walking back over to the officers.

They got themselves prepared with bulletproof vests and made sure their guns were loaded before piling back in their police cars. We all jumped back into my car and followed closely behind the officers, travelling to where Leah was being held captive.

We reached the house in 10 minutes, and before I could even pull over behind the police cars, they had already jumped out and kicked the old wooden door open, shouting and yelling.

I panicked when I heard some shots being fired and more shouting, and a woman screaming. I knew it wasn't Leah, it must have been Rebecca. I saw two people dragging a woman out of the house, kicking and screaming and I managed to get a good view of her face.

Rebecca was screaming curse words at the officers before they pulled her into the back of the car, where she was handcuffed and locked in. A few minutes later, there was another shot fired, and another woman screaming.

I jumped out of the car in a panic because this time, the scream came from the woman I loved. I raced to the house, winding through officers, and making my way up the stairs after hearing painful moans.

I barged through a door to see Danny on the floor with a bullet wound in his chest, he looked dead. My eyes frantically searched for Leah, and I heaved a breath in relief after finding her being untied from the chair, she looked okay except for her blouse that had been ripped open, and a long cut on her arm and on closer inspection, I noticed she had been shot on her other arm.

I fell to my knees in front of her and held tightly onto her face "Jace, you came for me" she cried out, flinging her arms around my neck, holding on so tight, as if I would disappear any second.

"Of course baby, I love you so much. I'm so happy you're okay. You're safe now baby" he whispered in her ear, my arms wrapped tight around her body.

"She needs to go to the hospital, Jace. She needs both her arm stitched up, and she needs checking over. She will need a scan too to check on the baby" Jared said. He was holding a blanket in his hands, ready to wrap it around Leah's small frame.

I nodded and straightened up still holding Leah in my arms. She wrapped her legs around my waist and tightened her arms around my neck. I placed one hand on her butt to keep her up and one around her back for extra support.

Jared wrapped the blanket around her body the best way he could without disturbing her too much. She was sobbing into my neck, her body shaking. I rubbed her back up and down to try and soothe her as well as whispered sweet nothings into her ear.

We walked down the stairs, me still carrying Leah, and headed to my car where a worried Peter, Tyler and my dad were standing. As soon as they saw us, Peter ran over with tears falling from his eyes. "Leah, sweetie. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" after seeing the blood on her arm, his face went bright red, teeth gritted in anger.

"She okay, Peter. She just needs to go to the hospital to get these wounds stitched up, she was shot but luckily the bullet had only skimmed her. If you follow my car, ill be heading to the hospital with you" Jared stated after walking over to us.

"What happened to Danny?" my dad asked Jared.

"He was aiming his gun at Leah, and I had no other choice but to shoot him. He's dead"

I heard Leah sobbing harder now after she heard that. He was her best friend for years and he kidnapped her, hurt her and tried to shoot her. I know she's hurt without having to ask her. Who wouldn't be?

"Come on baby, let's get you checked over" I kissed the top of her head. "Thanks, Jared, for all your help, I really appreciate it. You saved my girl's life" I shook the officer's hand with the hand that was wrapped around Leah's back. He nodded with a small smile and walked over to his car after shaking hands with the others.

I climbed in the back seat with Leah straddling my lap and holding her head in the crook of my neck. Her sobs had calmed and her breathing had slowed letting me know she had fallen asleep.

My dad jumped in the driver's seat with Tyler in the passenger and Peter joined us in the back seat and held onto Leah's hand, just watching her sleep on my chest.

I looked down at my beautiful wife, watching her sleeping form, and I couldn't help the smile that made its way onto my face. I finally had her back.

I had my wife back in my arms where she belonged.