Chapter 21 - The Hospital

Leah's POV

I woke up to the sounds of a heart monitor beeping, I looked around, remembering that I was safe and in the hospital. I looked to my left and saw Jace asleep in the chair next to the bed I was in, his head on the bed next to my body and his hand holding mine tight.

I squeezed his hand and he automatically woke up in a panic, until he saw me smiling at him. "Hey baby, how are you feeling?" he asked with concern.

"I'm okay Jace, I promise. Where is everyone?"

"They all went to get a coffee, they asked if I wanted anything but I said no. They should be back soon" he replied with a smile.

I looked at my arms, seeing them bandaged after the doctor had cleaned and stitched up the cut and the bullet wound. I had a scan to check on the baby, and luckily our nugget is perfectly healthy.

The doctor wanted to keep me in for another day to keep me under observation. They said if all goes well, I should be able to leave tomorrow.

"Baby, can I ask you something?" Jace asked, nervously, breaking me from my thoughts. I nodded to let him continue. "Did he- did he touch you in any way?"

I felt my heart stop for a split second, and my body froze. My eyes started to well with unshed tears and Jace quickly stood up and sat on my bed with me, pulling me into his arms and rubbing my back soothingly.

"When he was on the phone to you, h-he ripped my shirt open, a-and he started to touch my b-breasts" I managed to stutter out, the tears now flowing freely on my face. Jace pulled me tighter into his arms and rested his chin on my head. I heard him sniffle, which caused me to back away from him slightly.

I looked up at him and saw his own stray tears flowing down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry Leah, I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I've failed as a husband. I should've protected you" he cried, lowering his head in defeat.

More tears started running down my own cheeks, I reached out to hold his face, forcing him gently to look at me "Jace, it wasn't your fault. You did everything you possibly could have done. He was crazy, neither of us knew he was going to do anything like this" I tried to reassure him. It wasn't Jace's fault.

He nodded and squeezed onto the bed next to me and we just lay there for some time, arms around each other, my head resting on his chest and him kissing the top of my head every so often. Just enjoying each other's company in comfortable silence.

After an hour or so, everyone started to pile back into the private hospital room that I was staying in. Mum, dad, Jordan, Martin, Callum and Natasha, Mason and Ava (who have been dating for three weeks) Tyler and Olivia.

They all hugged me one by one, some with tears, and some with big smiles knowing I was okay and I was safe.

We chatted for a while, and Jace never left my side. He was still lying on the bed even when the nurse came in to check on me and my vitals.

"Leah, you should've seen your man in the meeting, he nailed it" Tyler announced with a big grin on his face.

"We got the deal?" I questioned looking to Jace for an answer.

He gave me a sly grin "Of course we did baby, your husband is amazing" he stated smugly, causing everyone including myself to burst into laughter. I felt so much pride knowing my husband was an amazing businessman and the most loyal and sweet man I could ever ask for. He's my world and I can't wait until we meet our nugget. Our family will be perfect.

I gave him a big hug in congratulations and pulled away before giving him a sweet kiss on his beautiful pink lips.

"Alright kids, enough smooching, we're still here" Martin chuckled. I pulled away from Jace hiding my face in his chest, feeling my face and neck heat up in embarrassment. Everyone laughed once again. I looked at everyone in the room, and everyone right here are my family. I love each and every single one of them.

These are the only people I need in life. And any future kids we have.

 And any future kids we have