Chapter 7 - The Party

Leah's POV

As soon as I saw Jace down on one knee holding out a ring, my heart leapt out of my chest. I couldn't believe my eyes, and when he asked me to marry him, I couldn't even answer him properly. It was like a dream come true. I told him about my dream proposal the first night we moved in together, and it shocked me that he remembered. I wasn't expecting anything like that to happen, all I was expecting was for him to put the ring on my finger when we sat inside the car. Being happy was an understatement, I was ecstatic!

But then when he said that this was a loveless marriage, I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. I've fallen for this beautiful man, but to know he doesn't feel the same way, I was heartbroken. I couldn't let him know that it hurt a lot after he said those words so I tried to smile and laugh it off, but I don't know if he believed me.

When he was standing in front of me and kissing me, I could feel a fire burning within, and butterflies erupted in my stomach, I felt as if I could've floated away. I know that he didn't feel the same, but maybe one day he will.

He looks so handsome in his black suit and black shirt. The top two buttons unfastened, showing part of his strong chest. He looked hot!

It didn't take long to reach the venue where our engagement party was being held. It was a huge white mansion, with tall pillars on either side of the door. When the driver pulled up, Jace got out of the limo and reached around to my side, opening the door and offering his hand to me to help me out. I took it gladly, swung my legs to the side and stepped out. Jace looped my arm through his and gave my head a gentle squeeze before heading towards the double doors of the huge house. Jace told me this is the house he had grown up in with his family and his father still lived here.

Two men in black suits greeted us and opened the doors for us to enter. The house was already bustling with guests walking around greeting each other and drinking champagne. Jace walked us in further and was stopped by many guests congratulating us. Some guests were talking to Jace about business, while others simply greeted him. I didn't know anybody here, so must be business associates of his father.

I was almost tackled to the floor by someone running at me and throwing their arms around me. As soon as I saw the blonde hair I knew it was Ava. She pulled back and I almost started to cry because it's been so long since I'd seen her, I grabbed her into another embrace. Ava has been my best friend since 5th grade. She was new to my school and she was sitting by herself in the cafeteria. I sat beside her and offered her a cookie, which she gladly accepted and we hit it off straight away. Ava has a very loud and boisterous personality but I love her with all my heart, she's like the sister I never had.

"Oh my god Ava, I've missed you so much. I can't believe you're here" I almost screamed out of joy. Still hugging my best friend not letting her go.

"Lee you have to let me go, babe, I can't breathe" She struggled to laugh. Hesitantly I loosened my grip on her and looked her over. She was wearing a long red dress, with a deep V-neck showing her amazing cleavage. The dress hugged her body like a second skin, showing off her gorgeous hourglass figure with her big hips. She looks beautiful.

"I'm sorry I just can't believe you're here, I haven't seen you for so long" I replied with a huge smile on my face. I heard a throat clear behind me and remembered that my fiance was standing there looking slightly awkward, not knowing who the woman was. I smiled at him and took his hand to pull him next to me. "Ave this is Jace, my fiance. Jace, this is Ava my best friend since we were 10" I introduced them.

Ava looked at me with her mouth agape and I chuckled a little. Jace held out his hand for Ava to shake which she did. Jace smiled at her "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ava".