Chapter 19 - The Plan

Jace's POV

It's been twenty-one hours since Leah went missing but we're getting closer to finding out where she is. We know Danny and Rebecca aren't clever enough to stay hidden, one of them is bound to slip up. Peter, dad, Tyler and I are all sitting in my living room with laptops, phones and other devices sitting around on the table and on our laps, hacking into cameras, phones and anything we can to help locate my wife.

My father has some friends in the police force that are also here with us, helping us to find my beautiful Leah. twenty-one long hours, without having her in my arms, without being able to kiss her, wondering if our nugget is okay.

"I've got something!" Tyler shouted out, we all jumped up and crowded around his laptop before he connected it to the tv. We all watched as we saw Leah getting into a cab a little farther down the road from our building. My heart started beating out of my chest, just at the sight of her beautiful face.

"Can you zoom in on the number plate?" Jared, one of the officers said.

Tyler zoomed in on the number plate for Jared to write down and then zoomed in on the taxi company name. Another officer quickly got on the phone with the company asking for the details of the taxi driver that had taken Leah to her destination.

Once her received the name and number of the driver, he passed the paper over to Jared for him to call. While he was on the phone with the driver, he was writing down an address to where he had taken her. The address was a half-hour drive from our office building. I started to pace waiting for Jared to finish on the phone.

"He said there wasn't much around, only a few abandoned houses in a small neighbourhood with no other people around. He said something seemed a bit sketchy but didn't think much of it and drove away" Jared stated, he seemed just as pissed as I was.

"If it seemed so sketchy then why the fuck did he just leave her?" I yelled, frustration and anger taking over. I gripped my hair in my hands and pulled the ends out of frustration.

"Son, we will find her. I promise." my dad grabbed my shoulder and pulled me towards him in a tight embrace. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes, and I felt Peter pat my back.

"I can pull phone signals from that area. With it being abandoned, there won't be many signals to look through to be able to find her" The other officer, Lucas, stated, to which we all nodded and got back to work to find anything else that could help us.

It was now 5 pm, which means Leah has been missing for 27 hours. I was beginning to lose it. I had already trashed the living room and almost punched Tyler in the face just because he told me to calm down, again.

"We've got it, we know where she is" Peter jumped up shouting, waiting for Tyler to connect his laptop to the tv. It was an aerial view of a street with a few abandoned houses on it. The house that was marked was the fourth house along.

"We need a plan to get in there and get Leah out safely. What does everyone suggest?" my dad asked, looking at each of us.

We all started coming up with the perfect plan to bring my wife home and started to get ready. Jared called into the station and informed other officers what was happening and explained the plan to them. And they agreed to meet us a mile away so we could reach the house together.

I'm coming for you, baby.