Chapter 5 - The Secretary

Leah's POV

Jace and I had been sat in his office for a few hours while he teaches me about his company. I had been taking notes of all the important information so I can study anytime when I need or get confused about something. The whole time, Jace had been nothing but patient with me when I still didn't understand something.

We were currently having lunch when his secretary, Rebecca I think her name is, came strutting into Jace's office without so much as a knock. She walked straight up to where Jace was sitting at his desk and bent over to speak to him quietly, making sure that her breasts were rubbing against his arm. I couldn't help but start to feel a little irritated by the fact that Jace didn't seem to want to stop her either.

When she was done telling Jace whatever the hell she wanted to tell him, she straightened up and walked away, but not before giving me a snarky smirk. I looked back at Jace to see him watching her as she left his office, shutting the door behind her.

I couldn't believe what I had just seen, they were flirting with each other right in front of me. We were getting married in 1 month. Yeah, I get that this is just an arranged marriage and was not marrying for love, but what happened to 'I want this to be exclusive'?

I didn't even want to finish my lunch since I lost my appetite, I just got up from my seat across from Jace, packed my bag and started to walk towards the door. I heard Jace getting up from his seat behind me and rushing over to me grabbing my elbow to pull me to a stop. I quickly spun around to look at him and yanked my arm from his hand. "Leah, where are you going? What's wrong?" He asked, seeming confused, not knowing what he had just done.

"I'm going home, so you and that little skank out there can carry on flirting and rubbing your bodies against each other" I spat at him and walked further to the door leaving a more confused Jace standing in the same spot as I'd left him. How could he not know what he was doing?

"Wait, wait, wait. What the hell are you talking about?" He asked still acting confused. He tried to grip my arm again but I pulled it away from him before he got the chance to do so.

"I was sat fucking there Jace, don't tell me that nothing was going on then because I know for a fucking fact she was whispering stuff to you and rubbing her fucking tits on your arm, and then I caught you watching her ass walking out the door. So don't act so innocent with me!" I screamed at him, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. Why was I getting so worked up over it? We don't love each other, we're not even a real couple, but why does it hurt?

He just stared at me with shock written all over his face, I'm guessing he wasn't expecting me to scream and yell at him the way I did. He finally shook himself out of the shocked daze he was in when he finally spoke "Listen, Leah, Rebecca was just letting me know that she was heading out for her lunch break, and as for her rubbing her chest on me, she has always done it, so I guess I just didn't pay much attention to it. Look I'm sorry it came across like that to you but I promise nothing is going on between us, it happened once a few years back but I never went back for a second time. Just please stay and we can talk about it" He begged.

I focused my gaze on his eyes and I could see the sincerity swirling around in them. He needs to know he was in the wrong for not stopping her, but why would she just walk straight into his office the way she did and why the fuck was he staring at her ass while she was walking out? I need to know.

"Why were you staring at her ass when she was walking away? And why don't you try stopping her from rubbing herself up against you?" I whispered quietly, not trusting my voice at this moment.

"I honestly don't know, I swear to you nothing is going on between us. I promise to speak to her when she gets back and tell her it is strictly professional between us both. I'll tell her I'm with you and we're getting married. I promise Leah, ill make this right. Will you please forgive me?" He pleaded with me. I could see the worry all over his face when he was saying this, he was practically begging me.

"Fine. But if I catch anything like that happening again, ill tell our dads that the wedding is off and you won't be getting your precious business" I told him, with a serious tone in my voice.

He looked relieved once I said that and went to wrap his arms around me in an embrace, and the idiot I am, I let him.

We sat back down at his desk and went through some more paperwork and future projects together for a few hours. Around 4 pm, Rebecca came prancing into the office once again without knocking and went straight over to Jace just like before. But before she could reach him, Jace put his hand out stopping her.

"Rebecca, I don't appreciate you keep letting yourself into my office without knocking and waiting for my permission to enter. And I also don't appreciate your close proximity to me, and it stops right now. And for future reference too, I would like you to give my fiance, here, the respect she deserves because she is going to be your boss as well after the 15th of November when she becomes my beautiful wife. Whatever happened between us in the past was finished back then so it is completely over now, do I make myself clear?" Jace said in a strict, commanding voice. I'd be lying if I said I weren't slightly turned on right now by it. We're not a real couple I scold myself, but the way he spoke about us getting married, caused my heart to flutter in a way it never has before.

"Yes sir, I apologise and it won't happen again," Rebecca said quietly, whilst looking down at the floor, afraid to meet Jace's gaze. After she was dismissed, she turned and looked at me with a scowl on her face, I just sat back on my chair and gave her a devilish grin. She should know now not to mess with me.

As soon as she left the office and shut the door behind her, I looked up to Jace to see him already watching me, I gave him a small smile and thanked him for what he did. He just nodded and gave me a wide grin, which made my smile grow.

I think I'm already falling for my husband-to-be, but what will I do if he never feels the same for me?