Chapter 13 - The Unexpected News

Leah's POV

It's been three weeks since our wedding and it's been amazing. After the reception and Jace took me back to our hotel room, we had our own little party, if you know what I mean - wink, wink - all 4 rounds of it before we finally fell asleep in each other's arms.

We spent a week in Rome, Italy for our honeymoon, sightseeing, dinners and a few hours in bed each day. It was perfect. I couldn't ask for a more perfect man than Jace.

We are finally CEOs for Williams & Miller Corp and all in one building too. Our dads finalised the paperwork and arranged the move whilst we were on our honeymoon, so once we got back everything was done, and we walked inside our building, hand-in-hand, as the bosses. I'm CEO with Jace, but I'm more like his personal assistant, as that's what I preferred to do. He shared all of the final decisions with me, but he did the important paperwork while I helped finalise meetings.

For the past couple of days, I've been feeling horrible, vomiting, feeling queasy when around certain foods. Feeling more tired than I was before. Probably with all of the stress that my new job brings and I have to get used to it. I think everything has just taken a toll on my body, but now everything is done, I can start to relax.

I'm currently sitting in my office, next to Jace's, reading through an email from a prospective client, when I started to feel nauseous. I ran to the adjoining bathroom and emptied my stomach contents of the breakfast I had about three hours ago. I felt a hand gently grip my hair, pulling it back, and a hand rubbing up and down my back in a soothing motion.

"Baby, I think you should go see a doctor, you've been like this for a few days now, it's not just your body feeling stress, I think it's something else" Jace suggested with concern and worry in his voice. He has asked me a couple of times now to see a doctor but I keep pushing it off. "How about I go and make you an appointment, and we'll both finish and go there together?"

My throat was sore from all the vomiting so I just nodded in agreement with him. Once he knew I was finished puking my guts up. He flushed the toilet, gently pulled me up from the floor and sat me on the counter next to the sink. He grabbed a face cloth, soaked it under the tap and wiped my face with it. Filling a cup of water, he handed it to me to rinse my mouth and soothe my sore throat.

He carried me towards his office, sat down in his chair and sat me on his lap before reaching for his phone. While he was speaking to the receptionist at the doctor's office, setting up an appointment for me, I snuggled in closer to him, resting my head on his chest, and closing my eyes for just a few minutes.

After a few minutes of sitting like that, the door to Jace's office burst open and in walked Tyler, looking down at some paperwork he was holding "Boss, I just need you to.... Is everything okay? Leah you don't look so good" he stated with obvious concern.

I rolled my eyes "Well thank you Tyler that makes me feel so much better" I replied with sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"She's still vomiting so I've made an appointment with the doctor in two hours. I'm taking her so I'm going to need you to hold down the fort until we get back" Jace replied to Tyler in all seriousness.

Tyler nodded "Of course, could you just sign this deal off and I can get the ball rolling with the new investors?"

Tyler passed over the file, letting Jace sign it. "Just let me know how it goes with the doctor, but if you want to go home after, I'm more than happy to step in for the day so you can look after her"

"Thanks, man, I appreciate that" Jace replied with a small smile after passing over the file back to Tyler. Tyler nodded back in a silent 'you're welcome' and headed out of Jace's office back to his own on the opposite side of Jace's office.

Half an hour before my appointment, we set off down the elevator to the car, Jace keeping hold of my hand all the way and helping me into the car. I still felt nauseous the whole way to the doctor's office.

When we got there, Jace sat me down on the seats in the waiting room whilst he signed me in. He sat down beside me taking my hand back into his and giving it a small squeeze, reassuring me he was with me through sickness and in health.

After a few minutes, a nurse came out calling my name. Jace helped me up to follow the nurse down the hallway and into another room "The doctor will be with you shortly" she smiled before leaving the room and shutting the door behind her.

Not even a minute later, a tall man with salt and pepper hair, looking around mid-fifties, entered the room "Hello Mr and Mrs Williams, I'm Dr Sinclair. What can I do for you both today?" he asked with a friendly smile whilst sitting down in his chair on the opposite side of the desk.

"I've been feeling nauseous and vomiting the past few days, and I've been excessively tired too. And different smells have been making me nauseous as well. I think it's just stress that we've been dealing with but my husband here doesn't think so" I stated with slight humour at the end, looking towards Jace.

"Well let's take some details and I can run a few tests and see if there's anything else that could be causing these symptoms, sound good?" he asked with a smile, looking between Jace and me, to which we nodded, just wanting to find out what's wrong as quickly as possible.

After an hour of answering questions, different blood tests and a urine sample, we were sitting back in Dr Sinclair's office, waiting for him to return with the results. A few minutes later, he returned with a folder in his hands. He sat down at his desk, scanning through the paper, tapping his chin absentmindedly.

A smile graced his face once he got to the last sheet of paper, and looked up at us. "Congratulations Mr and Mrs Williams, you're pregnant. About 5 or 6 weeks along. We won't know for definite until you have a scan, which I can arrange for you with your Obgyn"

My face paled and I started to panic at what he just said. Did he just say I was pregnant? But how? We were careful, I was on the pill. And then I came to me, what if this is too early? What if Jace doesn't want to be a dad yet? So many questions, making my head spin. Are we even ready to become parents? Am I ready to be a mother?

"I'll leave you guys to talk while I go set up an appointment with your ob-gyn. It's nice to meet you both and congratulations again" Dr Sinclair said with a small smile and left the room, shutting the door behind him to give us some privacy.

I didn't dare look at Jace or even start a conversation but he did. "Wow, we're going to be parents." Without even looking at him, I could hear the shock but also the happiness in his voice.

"Is this what you want? Are you okay with becoming a dad? It's so early in our relationship, we've only been together a couple of months" I started to ramble but only to be cut off by Jace.

"Baby I love you, and I honestly couldn't be happier. Who cares if we haven't been together long, as long as we love each other and love this child, OUR child, then that's all that matters" he said matter-of-factly while stroking my cheek and wiping the tears away that I didn't know were falling until now.

"I love you Jace" I gave him a sweet kiss on his lips and he kissed me back. "I can't believe I'm going to be a mom" I smiled at him, and he returned mine with his own, bigger smile.

"You're going to be an amazing mom baby"

We left the doctor's office, after retrieving our next appointment with my ob-gyn and headed home, Jace phoned Tyler to let him know everything is okay and were spending the rest of the day at home. We decided together not to tell anyone yet, until we have our first scan, to make sure everything is okay with the baby first.

 We decided together not to tell anyone yet, until we have our first scan, to make sure everything is okay with the baby first