Introduction - Max

Maxine Mayfield, Max for short was a two-time skate champion (working on three). She was the description as a Tomboy, hates pink, has no dresses, and lastly doesn't understand the way the "normal girl" would go about life. That's why she has her supervisor El, they have been friends since kindergarten until they split apart and met back again in 8th grade.

During the time she was away from El her life became "not so totally tubular" according to the native Californian girl. She was devastated that her parents split up but when she found out she was going to Hawkins she was excited because she knew El would be there. 

Her mother finally re-married a guy named Neil. He had an older son around 19 his name was Billy. It started ok, but one night Billy came back and yelled at her pinned her by the wrist, and blamed her for something she didn't even do. From then on Max was horrified by it but it became a habit. So now she was horrified if any of the "Party" found out.

Billy continued to do this but one night instead of him coming back home with a cigarette in hand he came back with just himself and tears. Max was confused so she took the risk and knocked on his door.

——————

*knock knock*

"Go away!" That was all she heard.

She knew what that meant from El and Mike's small arguments, Max opened his door.

"Billy...look I know we are not on the right terms right now but I-" she was cut off.

"It hurts Max, it hurts so much...I don't want to do it but he makes me, he makes you and her have it bad" Billy cried, tears running from his eyes.

Max had never seen him cry but she insisted that she would talk about it with him, she ran over to him and plopped down next to him on top of his bed.

"What do you mean he makes you?" Max questions Billy.

"That deadbeat we call dad, he makes me talk back and act like I'm the bad guy" Billy chokes In between his cries, "he makes me hurt you and I don't want to, I want to be there for you, and be the person you go to for help and I can't be that guy" Billy admits his true feelings towards his sister that she never had. Deep down he always wanted a sister for him to take care of. He wanted to be looked up upon, nor down upon like he was a juvenile ripe out of prison.

Well ever since then Max and Billy have been inseparable and dependent on each other. They both convinced their beloved mother to report Neil to the police and they had a trial, Neil was found guilty and was charged with drug possession, abuse and harassment so he was dealt with by the police.

That was back in the 1980's she now found herself in her newer adult life at the ripe age of 22. She and the party had split ways, Lucas Had gone to a college in New York..damn that hurt Max the most. Max had a rather special connection to him, sure they may have kissed a few times here and there but decided it would be better to just not be a thing. 

El and Mike along with Will went to a college in the state, they didn't want to move far due to El having separation anxiety. If they ever needed to go to Hopper and Joyce. And There was Max she went to a college in California with Billy. He had dropped out and since Max was going he thought he might as well go but be two grades above her cause you know he's older. 

Max was now at her last year and remembered the stupid rumor of her and Billy being a thing because they were so close. She laughed when a few people confronted her about it she then explained in her sarcastic voice, "ew I don't see myself going on a date with my brother".

The rumor was soon melted away by the heat of California out in the park you could find Max working on her skate runs. Little did she know that just an hour later she would sign a deal with Vans and have a spot in the women's tournament of international skating. 

—————————————————————

Thank you to all those who enjoy this first chapter cuz let me tell you I do!

Have fun reading 

- Macy