Prospect

The possibility or likelihood of some future event occurring, a mental picture of a future or anticipated event.

------------

Max knew that with her appearance at the show last night, and her little "hint" the media would be storming. But she didn't think it would be that bad. The show's page had sent out a post and tons of people were commenting and raving about the events it spoke of. 

------------

@TheMidnightShow_

Last night's guest, Max Mayfield reveals information about her "secret" special someone! Watch this clip to see more!

(Link to clip)

47K likes / 17k retweets / 1,190 quote tweets

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

@Tina_C - OMG are you for real?!

@Harv101 - I swear to god! If it's not Lucas I'm going to be surprised 

@Kylieteehee - Aww, whoever writes that on her cast is obviously so in love with her <3 

+11K more

------------

Yeah, to say that the show was broadcast all over to thousands of people was an understatement. Max didn't realize how many people actually were interested in the topic, it was a tad overwhelming but nothing she wasn't used to. She sighed as she placed her phone down on the table next to her "temporary" bed. Lucas adjusted himself so she could lie down, he offered for her to use his lap as a pillow. To which she without a doubt accepted. 

They stayed there in each other's presence just enjoying themselves. No doubt rolled through Max's mind that she loved him, she was sure she always has. And even then, in their moments of crisis, being apart... haunted her. His touch, his warm embrace that he only let her get familiar with, she missed it more than she knew up until now. 

"You asleep yet?" She heard him say as he placed a kiss on her head. 

"No, not really. I was just-" She couldn't fully finish.

"Thinking?" Max kinked her head to look up at him.

"Come on Max, I know you. Your nose gets all scrunched up and your breathing gets slower. I know what you are doing, I'm not dumb." He smiled at her with the little snarky attitude he had.

Of course. Max didn't have to act all stupid to finally see how much he noticed her, even her little movements. She blushed at the thought of Lucas eyeing her while she was clueless.

"So...what's on your mind? I know you are thinking about us, with the secret out that you actually have a lover. I'm pleased by the way."

She scoffed at his last statement.

"Lucas." She paused, "I'm getting tired. Tired of hiding, sure I know that people wouldn't care less about us, but..." Max was annoyed, she hated when she couldn't find the words. "I'm just scared really. I know it sounds stupid but, with both our lives going in different directions. We both will be traveling. For your games, being in different states. And I'll be wherever, I'm scared that we will lose touch because of our absence or lack thereof, togetherness."

Lucas took a moment to go through and piece her words in his mind. 

"Max, I understand what you're saying. With stuff that happened in the past, it can be hard and it is making you scared. But look, we're older and we can make our own choices if you're ready to be us...out in the public. I'll support your thoughts and opinions, I always have." Lucas smiled at her. Max's eyes were glistening at his words.

He pulled her face to his and kissed her. She happily kissed back. Lucas wrapped his hands around her neck and held her tight, deepening their kiss. He lingered long enough until they were out of breath. Pulling apart, he placed one last kiss on her nose before hugging her. 

"And with us being in different places for our jobs, your schedule is flexible now due to your arm. So you can come with me to my last few games of the season. I know you might be a little bored but..you can bring El and maybe Dustin if you feel that they will keep you entertained."  Max nodded and smiled at his answer, he was right. Plus having El as her supervisor, she technically could form her own schedule and time for anything. 

"There's a reason why we are here together" Lucas said as he rested his head on top of hers.

Max laughed, "yeah cause Mike was being an ass so you and Dustin were there for me" 

Lucas let out a chuckle as he adjusted the both of them to a more suitable cuddle. "You know that's not all wrong, but seriously. Just let me know how you want to do this "reveal" and I'll not get in your way. Promise, on Dustin's mother" Max laughed in remembering Dustin using his mother to swear to Eddie.

It was silent until he heard faint snores from her. Lucas smiled and squeezed her tighter. He really did love his MadMax.

——————

She awoke to her being swaddled in Lucas's arms, she didn't hate it but it made her feel like her young self, being embarrassed in case someone were to walk in. She knew it was stupid but, "oh what the hell" She shrugged and hugged him, nudging her face to his chest.

Max had a thought in mind, she went to the drawing board for this as she thought about her and Lucas's conversation the night prior. She wanted it to be something simple yet something that got the point across. It wouldn't hurt to be funny as well. Bingo! She had the most perfect idea, and get this. She could piss Michael Wheeler off at the same time! Max enthusiastically smiled and she wanted to laugh but held it in because of the boy that was asleep still. 

Max would do anything, even if it meant going out of her way, just to have the chance to piss off Mike. In fact, she wished she did it more.

In prospect, Max would take a photo with the Party, and she and Lucas would kiss while the picture would be taken. So depending on where they were, preferably standing in the back behind their friends, Max could post the picture with some dumb context. She knew her idea sounded childish and stupid but she didn't care, Lucas told her multiple times not to care what others think. 

She had to figure out how they were all going to convince them to take a photo, that would need some thought. She knew that Will would be a good and reasonable answer to her missing solution. She'd go over to the Byers/Hopper house in the afternoon. For now, Max had to deal with the undoubtedly cute and stupid boyfriend of hers. 

——————

What do you think about Max needing Will for her plan?

I have an idea to wrap my head around for the next few chapters but for now, I'll keep you guys wondering. 

Hope you enjoyed it!

- Macy