Accident

After a very smooth car drive to North Carolina, Max and the crew arrived at the location of the Air B&B Lucas had sent them. He greeted them at the house and helped unpack the car. It was early afternoon when they arrived, Billy arrived a little later with his Camaro. As soon as they got their sleeping arrangements settled, Max went straight to bed. She knew that falling asleep in the afternoon would make her not tired when it was actually time to sleep, yet she didn't care.

Though El forced her to wake up because her competition was the next day, El had to make sure she slept well for it. Max appreciated it. 

——————

El handed Max her board and helmet, she told her that she was the 5th to the last person to do her run. Max thanked her as she told her that she was going to go sit with the rest of the Party at their seats. Billy would be out of the stands as he would stand on the side of the track that they had set up. 

Max said goodbye and she walked to go meet Billy in the holding room. She was watching the different competitors on the TV that was in the room. Max sat and watched, she took into consideration the different runs of the women that made their runs. She thought about her current state, her anxiety, and her talks with Lucas. She really tried her best to not let it get to her head. She didn't know if it worked or not, the 3 deep breaths she took to try and calm her down. 

A man with a badge came up to her and told her it was her turn to complete her run, he came to her earlier than her start time, but she waved it off as nothing. Max stood at the start with her bored, she looked at her friends and smiled. She finally heard the buzzer go off and she started her run. She went up and off the wall, she went up this little ramp and did a rotation off of it. 

She then came to this pole that then went down into a ramp, she started going up it, and then...*screech* *bang!* 

She didn't know what happened next but all she remembered was her being hunched over, holding her arm to her chest. The crowd expected her to get up swiftly, but when she didn't and was still hunched over 30 seconds later, Billy stepped in. 

"Sinclair get over here! El you go find medical staff! And your friends, go get her stuff, we're probably going to the hospital." Billy quickly directed them.

after Lucas heard his name, he hopped over the stands and ran over to Billy. They both slid into the rink and ran over to Max. A few seconds later El came back with the medical staff who also joined the two boys in the rink. Lucas was trying to get Max to sit up, it took a few seconds but she sat up with the help of her brother. 

"Holy shit, Max your arm!" Lucas screeched. Upon hearing this, Billy signaled to the medical staff that her right arm was significantly swollen. They understood and got a brace and some sort of high-grade ice pack. Billy didn't know. It had been around 20 minutes when she stood up holding onto Billy and one of the medical staff for support. She had received a bunch of people clapping as she walked, wincing in pain all the way there to get into the main building. Lucas walked in slowly behind them with her skateboard and helmet. 

The medical staff called an ambulance for her after doing some checks. She did in fact break her right arm and she also sprained her left ankle. The reason? The pole had somehow become loose from its position. Apparently, the officials who would check the rink in fact didn't check this time, no wonder she was early to her start time. 

------------

"uughhhh, shit" She winced in pain as she adjusted herself in the hospital bed. 

Billy looked at her with sadness, he felt bad for her. Sure he had been hurt before, whether it was from Neil or a stupidly aggressive hangover. But he never had broken a bone in his body before. He didn't know what to do except feel sorry for his sister.  It had been a few hours since they arrived, and she was put into surgery for the doctors to place pins on her arm so it would heal correctly. 

She was placed in a cast and sling for her arm to rest in. The doctors also placed her ankle in a brace, it should heal within 3 weeks. Max had been given painkillers to help, she hated the circumstances she was in right now but she had no choice but to just live through it. 

Max turned her head as she and Billy heard a knock on the door. Billy got up to open it, and El and Lucas rushed to her side in concern. The rest of the Party follows slowly behind.

"I'm so sorry Max" Lucas said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked at him and shrugged.

Max spoke, "It's not my fault, I don't know what happened but it wasn't me doing something wrong. That's for sure." El nodded at her and continued, "Yeah your right, the reason you were early on the track was that the staff didn't do their safety check as they normally do before each run."

Max nodded, "does that mean they're going to give me money so I don't sue them?" she joked. Dustin and will both smirked at her sarcastic comment. Somehow through all her pain, she still was the same old Max as she was back then. 

"yeah basically, I'll tell you the details when we get back to Hawkins." El smiled.

"Sooo, when are they going to release you from this hellhole?" Will asked her. Billy answered that question as the doctors told him the details while she was waking up from the anesthetics. Billy had told them that she was free to go tomorrow depending on how she felt. 

------------

I wanted to make a chapter similar to what happened at the end of S4, so this is it. 2 more chapters that I have already planned out so those will be up soon.

I can't believe we are so close to 3k reads! Thank you <3