The rise of MADMAX

! NOTICE ! Please note that I'm literally just a girl (haha) and have no idea or understanding of how skateboarding actually works or how scores and tricks are judged. Bear with me on this, thank you!

——————

Max had informed Billy of what happened and that she would be competing in the tournament and the deal with vans. He was beyond happy, he was so happy that he told her that he would be there for every tournament. They both laughed the rest of the night and watched movies while talking about it.

"Hey. Max..do you miss Hawkins? I don't mean to pry but I've noticed that you haven't written any letters to your 'party' or whatever you call it" Billy asked his sister

She didn't know how to feel, she paused and thought about trying to think of the last time she sent the party a letter. "You know what, yeah your right I do miss it. Well, it's moreover that I miss my friends then Hawkins." Max responded truthfully to Billy.

Billy nodded in reply to her. The night ended with a hug and Billy's kiss on the top of her head to wish her a good night's rest.

——————

"Hello everyone! Welcome to today's broadcast of the California Dip woman's national tournament! I'm Samantha and I'm joined today here with David"

"Hey Samantha! Yes, today is the day it's a very hot one too, In this California heat!"

"Ok, Samantha do you think anyone will take to the top dog spot away from Olivia?"

"I don't know David, but we have a new skater joining us today! She goes by the name MADMAX. Uh here's some more information for you guys at home."

Name: Max Mayfeild

Age: 22

Hight: 5,7

Small summary: From California originally but she calls her home Hawkins, IN. Signed a deal with Vans for over 2.8M$ Her first tournament appearance is today. Been skating since she was 8.

"Wow, she signed a deal with Vans?! Already? Kids' must got skills"

"That's what I'm saying David!"

——————

Dustin turned on the tv to watch the skateboard tournament, he always watched them it reminds him of his old best friend too much not to watch. He turned it on and watched the first few women skate they were pretty good one of them fell, he felt bad for her. He left for a little while to run to the store and get snacks.

He came back and sat down with his can of 7up in hand when he looked to the screen and..her name.

"NO WAY! NO WAY!" He screamed

There she was in the little information box about to start her run. Apparently, Olivia had gone before her, Max was the last to go. The party half thought she was dead. Max never wrote or anything, the party just tried not to think about her but they knew that she was probably busy.

Dustin ran to the phone and called Hopper's residence

"Hello, this is Will speaking, who is it?"

"Yeah hey Will is Dustin anyways, I KNOW WHERE MAX IS!"

"What!? What do you mean she hasn't written like ever how would you-" Will was cut off by a very excited Dustin

"Dude just listen to me it's the rise of MADMAX! Turn the TV on to channel 5, oh and don't forget to call El and Mike downstairs!" Dustin said as he looked back to the TV.

Max dipped into the small park set up for the competition. She went off the wall jumping off her skateboard and back on again. She road onto the bar and up the wall. Eventually coming to the dip and high wall, the commentary said something about her doing a 180 kickflip said that it's only been done 3 times with 0 successful attempts from one of the competitors.