Preparations

The Draft was on that Sunday so the 3 of them had booked a flight for Friday. Max had promised El that they would return to Hawkins two days after the Draft, Max wanted to do some skating so she could post something to her fellow skating fans. After all, she was very popular on the internet. 

There was a larger amount of paparazzi so they decided it was best to just wear black hoodies. And of course, they are matching. It was another 4-hour and 30-minute flight and then the three of them landed in LA. The arrangements were made by the Draft such as their hotel and car to get picked up from the airport.

It was a black Mercedes, not too over the end but relatively nice. El had a great time being with Max they talked about what she had missed over college all the funny things and then the conversation switched to what the arrangements were at the Draft. It was originally intended for the three of them just to sit in the auditorium in the nice seats and watch. But one of the previous guys that would come out for the selection had fallen ill and they needed a replacement.

——————

"Wait I'm presenting one?" Max eagerly asked. She had always been a fan of sports, she watched the big games on the TV with her father every Sunday afternoon. She enjoyed it.

"Yup, apparently that's what they told me" El confirmed with her. El didn't really have a "go-to job" after college so she thought that being Max's supervisor meant more time with her and she would get paid! What a steal.

"That's gonna be cool Maxy! I remember you always loved watching the sports on the TV with...you know who" Billy said in response to the news.

"Now they said you'll need to be in formal attire... whether you wear a dress or not that's not up to me. But I would really like you too" El told Max who scoffed at the word dress. Max Mayfield is not one to be within six feet of a "flowy" piece of clothing that reaches your feet. 

"Ughh, fineee just because I feel bad about not seeing you for four years, I'll wear a dress...But on one condition, it's not tripping me and I want it to be white" Max had not so reluctantly agreed but she set ground rules to her liking. But Max always thought she would look good in white, it's a nice color that goes well with anything. No wonder she had a few pairs of white jeans, she would pair them with different graphic T's or crop tops with a cardigan over top. That was just her style.

El was beyond happy that she would wear a dress just for her. But it was sitting in the back of her mind that the public had never seen her in a dress, it's always been jeans or shorts with a shirt. Then El went scouting for her dress.

——————

"Hello everyone welcome to the Pre-Draft show, we have a few updates for tomorrow night!"

"Firstly we have received information that skateboarding pro, MADMAX will be announcing one of the Draft picks tomorrow. Sources say that she along with her brother and supervisor will be in attendance."

"In advance, the team selection of the first five teams will be, The Charlotte Hornets, The Boston Celtics, The Golden State Warriors, and lastly Miami Heat."

"That's all the information we have right now so come back when we have more updates or when the Draft starts Tomorrow night."

——————

Lucas shut his hotel TV off, he knew that she was going to be there but newsflash she was announcing one of the picks. Lucas told himself that he wished she wasn't the one who was going to call his name but deep down he knew he was lying to himself. He wanted her to say his name and make him feel like he was floating. It's what happened every time she said his name back in Hawkins.

He fell back onto his bed and then took a nap, which he needed a lot he was very tired. He woke up around 3 hours later and decided to pick out his clothes for tomorrow. He was going to wear a simple grey suit, with a white shirt and he would wear the suit top unbuttoned. He set his outfit on a chair in his room and left to go grab a bite to eat.

——————

El would return to Max in the late afternoon with a dress of choice, she talked Max into trying it on. 

"Max, please! I don't want me or you going to the dress store an hour before we are set to leave all because you don't like it." El's complaints were logical so Max did as told. She tried it on and stood in front of the mirror for a good amount of time. She tried so hard not to admit to herself that she liked the dress. Honesty is not a very typical thing you could find from the girl but she was working on it.

"Hey El! I think this will work" it was a white dress that met just past her knees, the front was mostly covered up it was just a simple V-neck. But the back was open from the middle of her shoulders down to just past the middle of her back. There was a tie from the back that wrapped around her waist to her front to be tied in a bow. It was simple yet elegant.

"Awesome Max, now let me see!" El optimistically asked her friend as Max rolled her eyes.

"Wow, that looks so cute on you! The media will be surprised that's for sure! What if we did a little natural makeup, you know nothing so extraordinary but it'll tie it together." El recommended.

"Sure fine whatever, I honestly want to see the paparazzi's and others' reactions" Max chuckled at her mischievous side that popped out.

They spent the rest of the day laughing and talking about the media storm that would occur, along with what shoes Max would wear, El knew she couldn't handle heels.

——————

Sorry for the late update but hope you enjoy it!

<3

- Macy