Introduction - Lucas

Lucas Sinclair was drafted to the NBA by Golden State. At the age of 23, he's one of the youngest to be drafted on the team. He's been into basketball all of college and most of high school at Hawkins. He scored the game-winning point and has been on point ever since. His parents are very supportive of him and his sister but she's in high school still so he rarely sees her. It kinda makes him sad.

It makes him sad that he thinks about all the great times he had at the Party. He misses them but he misses Max the most, after a few special moments with her at Hawkins it makes him crazy that he hasn't kept in contact with her this whole time. In fact, he doesn't know if any of the Party has. He had been one of the most popular on his college team a select few girls wanted to get with him. He always turned them down...his heart was set on one person only, it was reserved.

At one point it was a betting game of the popular kids to get Lucas with one of them. It got so bad that the most popular girl in the school tried and even she got rejected. "He must have high standards if he won't go out with you Chelsea" one of the kids joked as he laughed with a few others. Lucas ignored it.

Lucas was out in the gym of his college doing some drills with his headphones on listening to his dearest's favorite song. He didn't notice the few people the walked in, they were scouts but he didn't know that. Lucas set up the basketball rack at the three-point line and lined up his shot.

He made a conservative 47 Three-pointers. He moved to the side and did the same, lined up his shot, and made 28 hoops. For the last drill, he worked on his footwork from his layups to his dribbles and pass-backs. By the time he was done the scouts were gone so he never knew they were there, to begin with.

The next week the team was in practice and the head coach came to talk. He pulled Lucas to the side.

——————

"Lucas I want to inform you that you have been put into the NBA draft and a few teams have been interested in you" the coach had said 

Lucas was in shock he fell to the floor and then got up and gave the head coach a hug

"Dude! There's no way! You're serious?" Lucas questioned him 

His coach just nodded and shook Lucas's hand "feel free to take this week off and go to your family to tell them, I've already talked about it with your teachers. They have no problem as you do your work with no question and you've already taken your tests, right?" His coach asked.

"Yeah so basically you're telling me to go home a week earlier than school ends?" Lucas responded.

"Yes technically, but you have to be back for the graduation of course!" He smiled at Lucas.

And with that, he was in his maroon impala driving back to Hawkins to see his family.

———————————————————

I hope you're enjoying this so far I have so much planned for this book!

- Macy