The Truth

A/N: ehem...SURPRISE? I am so very sorry for putting this chapter off, what has it been, like a month? Apologies, school got in the way and I lost ideas for what to put in this chapter. Well, now I can finally say that I know what to write! So as a makeup for my actions, this chapter will be long! Enjoy you guys <3

P.S. I haven't said anything about time really that much, so I'm here clarifying that Max and Lucas have been going out secretly for 8-9 months so far.

——————

To most, it was a big deal, more so than it needed to be. When they finally announced it, many people were interested in the topic. But to them, it was stupid and excessive. Sure the media was storming and they had the attention of millions. Most think that it's great, but Max and Lucas haven't had this much of a crowd. Ever.

It was El who said it for the media, Max and Lucas didn't want to say anything yet so when a few paparazzi and reporters saw her walking in the street they asked the question.

~ Flashback ~

El was walking out of a nice in-the-city coffee shop, she knew the owners very well and she would hang out to talk and enjoy a hot cup of tea or coffee. She had bid them farewell and walked out. Of course, being in the city, there were paparazzi who alerted the reporters of her location. If not 5 minutes later she was being asked questions and followed by cameras.

"Jane! Jane!" One called, and she kept walking.

"What is the status of Maxine?" another spoke, she ignored it.

"Will she be seen out in public soon?" a woman questioned, and again she ignored.

"What about the kiss!?" That got her.

"Excuse me?" El turned to the voice. Cameras that a few people carried turned to her. The man repeated his question, "yeah, the picture? Of the kiss? What about it, can you tell us anything?" El didn't want to but she and Max had a conversation about this a while ago they mutually agreed that it would be... "Okay," She spoke.

She sighed as more people came, clearly surprised that she agreed. "Alright then. Max and I have discussed if this were to ever occur. We've mutually agreed that if it may happen to speak the truth. On Behalf of Max, I will say that she has chosen to keep her social life private. She asks that you respect her choice. If she has anything to share, she'll say it when the time comes."

El walked and pushed past the crowd and into her car.

~ End of Flashback ~

Yeah to say that the public was upset by her answer, not revealing any information was an understatement. Max and Lucas kept low for a while after that, they waited for the media storm to disappear before anything. They wanted some peace before the 'Social storm' went up again. They wanted to confirm it for the public eye themselves as it would become official on the internet.

------------

She groggily sat up in her bed and looked over at Lucas, She smiled. It had been a while but she finally got her cast off and now was free to do as she pleased. Though the doctors told her to wear a brace if and when she decided to skateboard again. Max would often wear it in public as well, except that she hasn't really been in public for a while.

"Hey." She heard his voice, Max was caught off guard. She turned her body to face his, she let him hug her and give her a good morning kiss on top of her head. Together they just stayed like that for a while.

"Lucas, do you realize I have to go somewhere today?" She chuckled.

"Well, now that you say that I think I'll just go with you. Then we won't be lonely" he smirked as he snuck another kiss on her head.