Chapter 3

Cassie walked into the resort's restaurant with a nice, blue summer dress, some light make-up and her hair done as well as she could with how short it is. She spiked it up making it look chic. Her friends greeted her as she walked up to the table, but Casey was quick on his feet and held out her chair for her.

She smiled sweetly at him, then looked to Katie and Mads who were side-eyeing her knowingly. Breck was just staring very confused at Casey. Thankfully, the waiter came and took down their drink orders. The conversation started up after that and moved on casually.

Cassie couldn't help but think the entire time how much a mistake sleeping with Casey was. It's not that he wasn't good - but not the best she's had - or the had the biggest dick she's ever seen - it was average - but more of the fact he wouldn't stop touching her during dinner.

If it was in a sexual way, she might not mind. After all, they did just finish having sex an hour ago. But no, this wasn't touching in that way. There was no sneaky hand up the dress, or subtly touching of the butt. It was an attempt at hand holding under the table, affectionate strokes across the hand.

She really tried to tell him she wasn't ready. They even had a talk about it after they were done. Casey promised he understood that they were now essentially friends with benefits. They agreed if feelings grew mutually that they would talk about it. They also agreed if someone else came along that they decidedly wanted to be with, so be it.

He's acting like that wasn't even a conversation. He's acting like they decided to secretly have some sort of romantic affair. It was making her pretty uncomfortable and luckily, Katie had a damn good eye for these kinds of things.

"Ladies, I need to pee," she announced to the table. "We'll be back, boys." She stood up with Cassie almost too eagerly behind. As soon as the bathroom door closed behind Mads, Katie asked, "What in the hell is going on between you two?"

Mads looked questionably at the two of them. "Between the two of who?"

Katie pointed at Cassie. "Between Cass and Case. Did you guys fuck? Are you fucking? Are you fucking and not telling us about it??"

Cassie put her hands up to calm the girls and their theories. "Okay, okay. No, we are not fucking. However...we did fuck after he walked me back to the room." Both Katie and Mads squealed in pure delight, but Cassie shushed them.

"No, no! No cheers for this! I told him I wasn't ready for a relationship! We had a big talk about it and he said he understood, but he's acting like we're secretly in love and the world will crumble around us if anyone finds out! I mean, what if I end up dating someone else? What if I fall in love and it's not him? He's got it in his head that I feel the same!"

The girls were certainly quiet now. "Shit," Mads said. "Well, you could talk to him again?"

Katie huffed as she said, "When have you ever explained something to a man twice and he got it on the first two? By the time this dimwit gets it, it'll break his heart!"

Cassie glared at her. "Sorry," Katie mumbled. "Mads is right, though. Pull him aside and be straight forward. He's our friend, he'll understand."

The girls walked back out after actually going pee. When Cassie sat down, Casey's hand immediately went to her thigh. He squeezed it gently, but she was a bit more forceful and took his hand away. He looked confused, but she ignored it.

After dinner, Katie and Mads announced that they were going down to the beach party again. They wanted to hunt down the men they were with last night. Mads swore she wanted to find him only to ask if he was clean. She even thanked Cassie with being so harsh with her. Mads doesn't know it, but it's the only way they can get through to her. It was more tough love than anything.