Chapter 21

~T.W: physical abuse~

"Ugh," Cassie groaned as she stumbled into a bathroom. The pumping music just on the other side was making her brain much more disoriented. She had two cups of that punch, but she feels like she took around eighty shots of tequila.

She leaned over the toilet, thinking she was about to throw up. "G'ss nawt," she mumbled when the urge went away. Instead, she lifted up her dress, pulled down her underwear and sat down. She sighed in relief as she peed.

She then stuck her hand down the side of her right boob and pulled out her phone. The bright light made her groan. She hasn't looked at it since she got here. There were a few texts from Katie asking where Mads was, then they started to make less and less sense.

Even after she was done, she decided to stay seated a little longer and just scroll through random apps and social media. Eventually, she stumbled up and shimmied her dress back down as she pulled her panties up. She giggled hysterically when she saw the edge of her dress tucked into her panties.

She dramatically pulled it out, then clumsily washed her hands. She flicked her hands dry rather than use the towel next to her. She opened the door and stepped out, but immediately hit something hard. Luckily, they caught her before she could fall.

Her blurry, dizzy head could barely make out who it was. "Ca...Casey?" She asked. Her vision got slightly better, but it was also very dark with only annoying colored lights dancing everywhere. Once a yellow one shined on his face, her face dropped.

"Casey," she spat. "Wha're 'ou doing he're?"

He looked at her curiously as he answered, "You said to leave your apartment, not anything about not coming to this party. Besides, you've been in here a while. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

She rolled her eyes and pushed him off of her. As normally as she could, she told him, "I am fi...fine."

He looked her up and down. "You drank that punch, didn't you?" When she didn't say anything, he let out a big sigh. "Cass, everyone knows you don't drink the punch at the college party. Come on, I'll take you home."

She shook her head. "No," she told him. "I'm hav'in fun. Bye, bye." She waved as she stumbled back into the party.

Of course, he couldn't let up. "Cass, wait!" He caught up to her and blocked her way. They were surrounded by people jumping up and down to the loud music. "Listen, I'm sorry, okay?" He tried to say over the music.

She shook her head as she pushed past him. "Can we please just go somewhere we can talk?" He insisted as he kept following her.

Finally, she stopped and said with a large sigh, "Fine! Jesus!" She angrily stormed out of the dorms and out onto the campus. Casey was behind her. He pulled her into corridor nearby. She nearly fell over when he let go of her.

"Look," he said, interrupting her complaint, "I am a fucking asshole. This isn't high school and I know that, but...fuck, you just got me so fucking angry! You sleep with me, then toss me out like I'm garbage! Then you start hanging out with some guy and tell me off!"

Cassie put her hand over her head and stumbled against the nearest wall. "Stop bein'a baby," she slurred. "I tol'you we was...was...were...jus'frien's." She groaned at the ache in her head from the lights that buzzed above her.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he got closer.

She put her hand up to stop him from coming closer, but he took it and put it on his chest. "Stop," she told him. He tucked the fringe of her hair back into its place. "Stop," she said again. He took both of her hands in his and squeezed them. "Case...what're you..."

He shushed her, then brought her in for a kiss. She kissed him back for a second before pulling away and shaking her head. This made her just a bit more sober. "Casey, I'm serious," she sternly said, her slurs getting better.

"So am I," he told her. "I'm serious about you, about us. Come on." He put his forehead on her's and went to kiss her again, but she shoved him away again.

"Stop!" She shouted. Suddenly, his hand smacked her across the face and she let out a loud gasp as she slid down the wall and to the ground.

"Hey!" A booming voice shouted in the distance. Casey took off the moment he heard it and the figure came sprinting towards you. "Oh my God. Cassie!"

Cassie looked up to see Ben kneeling down and eagerly taking off his jacket to put over her shoulders. This is when she started crying.

"Oh, my darling, no," he said as he placed the jacket on her and pulled her into his arms. "Are you alright? Who was that?"

Her only answers were crying into his dress shirt. He gently shushed her as he rocked her a bit. He looked around to see if anyone was watching, but saw no one. "Hey," he softly said into her hair, "tell me what happened."

She explained everything from sleeping with Casey in Mexico up until the slap as best as she could in her drunk and emotional state. Ben's biggest worry was her, of course, but he couldn't let her see that. Not if he wanted to let her go as he had originally planned.

"He saw us?" He asked instead. Truth be told, his heart was racing a million miles a minute from this revelation, but calmed a bit when he was reassured that Casey hadn't actually seen his face. His heart was now racing with rage. He wanted to hunt this kid down and skin him alive.

"Let me tell someone," he told her.

"No!" She immediately reacted, looking up into his eyes for the first time since he had come to her rescue. "You can't please! Nobody will believe me."

He looked at her flabbergasted. "Cass, a professor of this school saw this happen. You will be believed and you will be safe once they expel him for it." He couldn't help wipe her tears away with his thumbs as he stared into those watery, bright blue orbs.

"Cassie?" A voice called near the party. They both looked and saw Katie and Breck looking for her.

She looked to Ben, but he still kept his eyes on them. "Over here!" He called as he waved.

Katie's eyes bulged out of her head when she saw the scene only a few feet away. She ran over like a track star in high heels. "What the fuck happened!" She practically screeched. "Why is your cheek so red? Oh my God, you son of a bitch, what did you do!"

Her eyes blazed in fury at Ben, but Cassie assured, "It wasn't him! It...it was..." she couldn't even say it with crying again. Katie immediately took her from Ben's arms and into her own.

Breck had jogged over at this point and asked what had happened. Since Cassie couldn't, Ben explained what he had seen. "I was just leaving my office when I heard commotion over here. I came to check it out and saw your friend had her pinned against the wall while she was telling him to stop. He then proceeded to hit her."

Neither Cassie or Katie have truly seen Breck angry. He was always a teddy bear. A slightly dumb, hot, muscular, asshole teddy bear. This was the first time either of them have seen him have so much rage that he hit a wall.

Cassie flinched at this outburst, causing Katie to shout, "Cool it, Breck! Fuck's sake, she just got fucking assaulted!"

"Which way did he go?" He asked Ben, ignoring Katie's comments.

Ben stood up with his hands out. "Now, hold on here. I'm a Professor of this school, I cannot put another student in harms way...no matter how much I want to see it happen." He was truly filled with some of the most anger he's ever felt. If he didn't work here or didn't care to make a living, he would have chased him down and ripped him to shreds.

Breck huffed and started pacing. "Doesn't matter," he said, "he's my roommate. He has to come home at some point."

Katie pointed out, "Yeah, he's probably there packing up his shit right now." Breck's eyes went wide and he started running towards his apartment. "Thanks!" Katie sarcastically called. "Leave the girls here! Alone!"

Ben ignored the subtle dig at him and said, "Let me take you both home. I'm not going to let you walk, not by yourselves." He gave Katie a genuinely kind smile as he extended his hand. She huffed as she looked to him, then to Cassie still sobbing in her arms.

"Fine," she sighed.