Chapter 37

Ben could have sworn he saw his life flash before his eyes. The way Sam had stared him down, the way he had asked if he was her professor. He was sure he was going to be killed on the spot.

Those thoughts didn't calm with the way Sam continued to stare at Ben, awaiting his answer.

"Erm...y-yes, sir, I am, er, not am, sorry, but was for one semester."

Sam nodded as his eye drifted from Ben to back down to his plate. His hands unfolded and he picked up his fork to continue eating. Ben caught a glance over to Cassie and could see she was holding her head in the hand that wasn't squeezing the life out of Ben's.

"So this," Sam said as he pointed back and forth between them with his fork, "it's serious, then? It's not just for grades, right, Cass because you know we—."

Cassie threw down her fork as she immediately interrupted, "God, dad, no it's not for grades! Jesus why would I bring him here if it was?"

Sam put his hands up in defense. "Now, Sam," May scolded, "come on you know her better than that. I know you're not doing it for the grades, baby."

Cassie hid her face in her hands with embarrassment as she muttered, "Gee, thanks, mom."

"Sam, May," Ben confidently started, "I promise you, there is no educational advantage in any of this. We were not together during her time in my class and I graded her fairly as I did every other student. She was an exceptional student with exceptional work. She was also a very helpful Teacher's Aid, which forced extra time together. I got to know her more than I did in those few days on vacation and...well, let's just say I feel the need to thank you both for raising her to be the beautiful person she is. Truly."

He took her hand again and laced their fingers together as she looked up at him with tear filled eyes. "Oh, Ben," she almost cried.

"Well," Sam said as he picked up his empty plate and took it to the sink, "it's a good thing you picked that school, eh?" He started rinsing his plate off as May, Ben and Cassie looked to each other in question.

"What do you mean by that?" May asked her husband. She picked up her own empty plate and got Ben and Cassie's as well. She took them to the sink where Sam took them from her.

As he rinsed them, he answered, "I mean that they don't have a policy against a student-teacher relationship, so long as the student is eighteen and not in their class. You will have to inform them, however. You don't want to wind up in his class again, only for them to find out about it. You could be expelled and he could lose his job. I'd tell them as soon as your back if I were you."

In that moment, it's like the weight of the world lifted from Ben and Cassie's shoulders. They obviously had no idea about this! "Why wasn't that in my contract?" He asked. "And how do you know this?"

Sam turned to him with a smug smile. "Because I used to be the Dean."

Ben snapped his head to Cassie who shyly asked, "Didn't I mention that? I could've sworn I did."

He couldn't help but laugh and let it go for the moment, more focused on the fact that not only his job, but his relationship was safe! "I won't hide that this is a relief," he chuckled. "We'll get it sorted the moment we go back. I'm trying to rack my brain to remember if I read that somewhere."

"They don't go around advertising it," Sam informed him as he leaned back against the kitchen sink and crossed his arms. "If they did, they'd have a serious problem on their hands, believe me. They like to keep up the illusion that you simply can't. Now, just because you can does not mean they'll allow any P.D.A in the school. The good news is, if you do get caught, you'll get a warning instead of an expulsion."

The rest of the conversation didn't concern school or jobs, but family, hobbies and - much to Cassie's dismay - expectations. Thankfully, May put a stop to that subject before Sam could start it. She declared it time to get the food ready for the party.

Ben and Cassie brought their bags inside and she showed him her room. She saw it had, unfortunately, been kept the same since she moved out nearly nine years ago.

"Oh my God," Ben laughed as he walked into posters of boy bands, shirtless action star hunks and lots of Harry Potter. "Oh, this is bloody brilliant." He went up to her pictures, awards, flipped through her dream journal, old yearbooks...

"Okay, okay that's enough," she laughed as she pried an embarrassing framed photo out of his hands. She set it aside and pulled him to the tiny twin bed, where she laid down on her back. He curled up a smile and climbed on top of her as he laced both their hands together.

"My, my, quite a small bed," he commented as he lowered his mouth closer to hers. Just as he leaned it closer to kiss her, the bed let out a squeak sound. He snorted and it squeaked with his laughs. "And quite a noisy one. I am curious, have you had sex on this before? If so, how in the hell did you manage not to wake the dead?"

She laughed with him and he swallowed them with the kiss he had meant to give. "I'm so happy we don't have to hide this," he breathed out. "No worries about being expelled or fired...we can just be us."

"No more of your tantrums because I want to tell my friends about you," she teased.

He growled put his face in her neck, where he nipped at her neck and earned a delightful squeal followed by laughter. "I want to tell my friends about you, too, you know." He gently nuzzled her face. "I want to tell everyone about you."

He nipped gently at her chin, then kissed down her neck. He hummed in approval when she let out a sigh and bucked her hips up to meet his. He put his entire weight down on her and it made the entire bed creak.

That didn't stop Ben from continuing. "Don't leave any marks," she breathed out as she pushed her hands through his hair. His tongue and lips were working wonders on her neck.

"I won't, baby," he pressed a firm kiss behind her ear. He started to move his hands down the front of her, but she quickly stopped him.

"Ben, not with my parents just downstairs."

He continued to move his hand down. "Then you'd better be quiet." He unbuttoned her jeans and pulled down her zipper before moving his hand down into her pants. The moment he made contact with her clit, she felt a jolt and couldn't help thrusting her hips up.

He chuckled mischievously. "That's my good girl," he cooed in her ear as he played with her. He moved his face until their foreheads were pressed together. "God, I love watching you like this; beneath me, squirming, gasping, and whining. Christ, I'm so fucking hard."

He removed his hand and hastily unbuttoned his own pants. She could feel him podding at her entrance with his tip. Before she knew it, he pushed himself fully inside of her. She gasped and held onto him as he gently and slowly rocked his hips.

He grunted when he felt her tighten around him. He couldn't go as fast as he wanted with this bed, so he unexpectedly hauled her up and stood with him still inside of her. He set her on the edge of her windowsill and immediately started pounding into her.

"Ben, Ben, Ben," she whimpered quietly. She clutched onto his hair as she bit down on his shoulder to cover her moans. He let out a long groan into her neck and kept up his pace. He put his forehead against hers and looked at her face.

He put his hand on her jaw and grunted, "Open your eyes. I want to see you." She pried them open and stared into his. With his hand still gripping her jaw, he moved his hand down and played with her clit.

He gently shushed her before she could make any noise. "You know what to do, baby," he grunted. "Say it for me, Princess." She opened her mouth, but couldn't seem to form any words. "Come on, baby, you can say it."

As quietly as she could, she whimpered, "Yes, Professor, make me come please." His eyes immediately rolled to the back of his head and he came hard inside of her. His movements faltered and softened before she could have her chance.

She whimpered in disappointment, but he pulled out and got down on his knees. He impatiently pulled her jeans down to her ankles, then buried his face between her thighs. He ate her out exactly how she liked and she came on his tongue in a matter of seconds.

He stood up and pulled her in for a hot kiss. "If all we'll get is a warning, I may keep my promise to fuck you in every inch of that school, Princess."