Chapter 10

"Again?!"

Cassie nearly fell in the doorway of the room from Katie's screech scaring her to hell. "Katie, when you kill me from scaring me to death, I want it written on my death certificate that it was your screeching! What are you even doing up?"

She fell onto her bed as Katie told her, "Waiting for you! Neither you or that Ben guy showed up to dinner or the party and I got worried! I thought he chopped you up into little pieces and used you for chum!"

Cassie furrowed her brows together. "How do you come up with these wild scenarios?"

"They're not wild, they're on Dateline!"

Cassie "ah'd", then said, "I am going back to sleep. Wake me when it's dinner." It was silent for a bit, but then she felt the bed dip next to her. She opened her eyes to see Katie lying uncomfortably close to her.

"Tell me why you weren't at dinner," she commanded, her nose just grazing Cassie's.

Cassie sighed through her nose. "Because after the pool, we went back to his room and had sex until we passed out. We woke up at three, he made me food and here I am. Goodnight, Kate."

She closed her eyes, but still didn't feel Katie move. "He made you food and you didn't fuck him again?" She asked. "Not even a blowie?"

With her eyes still closed she confirmed, "Not even a blowie. Goodnight."

Again, silence. "You're falling for him, aren't you?"

Cassie slowly opened up her eyes to see Katie looking sympathetically at her. Cassie took in a deep breath. "So what if I am?" She quietly asked. "It's not like it matters, he lives half a world away. If I see him again, Katie, I don't know what I'm going to do."

Katie played with the top of her friend's hair as she said, "You're going to fuck him is what you're going to do." Cassie snorted as Katie laughed, "I'm serious! Get one - or several, apparently - good lays in and you'll be good!"

Cassie knew she was trying to lighten the subject, but it wasn't really working. "He made me dinner," she whined, "and at three in the morning! How am I not supposed to fall for that? Why do I fall for that? Why do I fall so quickly? I mean, this is quicker than Dylan!"

"I think," Katie said, "it's because you've dated a bunch of shitty guys, so the moment one shows they aren't so shitty you can't help it. It's fine, babe, it's a learning curve. I have a feeling you won't let yourself do that anymore after this."

Katie's words stuck in Cassie's head for the remainder of the day. She couldn't even go to sleep after their talk because so many thoughts ran in her head!

She ignored the buzzing of her phone from Mads, Casey and Breck. Soon enough, they stopped trying to contact her and she thinks Katie told them to cool it down. A little after that, Ben started texting her. Well, first he called, but then he texted.

He was only trying to make sure they were still set for after dinner and she told him they were, even if it did hurt her heart. She managed to get some sleep before getting up to get ready for dinner. She put on her first best dress and some make up. She didn't feel like making too much of an effort so it wasn't as glamorous as the past few nights.

She found the table with her friends, who all loudly greeted her when she walked in. This got stares from other nearby tables, including Ben's. Their eyes met from just a few tables down. She flashed him a quick smile before Casey brought her into a bone-crushing hug. Ben looked away uncomfortably.

"Cass, I feel like I haven't seen you in two days!" He said. "What have you been up to?"

She looked to Katie who was eagerly shaking her head, encouraging her to lie. "Oh, mostly by the pool," she lied. "I heard you guys went parasailing! I want to do that before we leave!" She was thankful the boys got caught up in talking about their parasailing.

After dinner, she looked over to where Ben's table was, but saw it was already empty. A little too eagerly, she tried to peak over at the party to see if he was there.

"I think Cass wants to dance," Mads loudly pointed out.

Casey immediately beamed. "Do you want to dance?"

She shook her head and told him, "No, thanks. Actually, I'm going to go take a walk by the water."

As she stood up, so did Casey who said, "I'll go with you."

"No you won't," Katie told him. "Sit down." Casey looked confused to her, then Cassie. "Sit down, Casey, before I go over there and make you." Casey slowly sat himself down while Cassie gave Katie a grateful smile.

She walked over to the party and looked over a bunch of heads, but didn't see Ben. She pulled out her phone to text him, but got knocked down by some muscled up douche bro. "Hey!" She shouted.

Suddenly, she was hauled up off the ground and looking into those eyes she very much missed. "Are you okay?" Ben asked over the music. Before she could answer, he looked to the man that knocked her down and aggressively poked at his back. "Are you serious, you knocked her down and ignore her?"

The man turned to them, clearly drunk out of his mind. He started giggling furiously. " 'ey 'm s'rry! Ma baad."

Ben looked like he was about to kill the man. "Ben, calm down," Cassie ordered. "He's drunk, it's okay."

He still glared at him, but took his eyes away long enough to pick up her phone. He saw the unsent Where are you? message and smiled. "Right here," he said, handing her back the phone. "Seriously, are you okay? That was a pretty hard fall."

He started checking her over, which was something she did not need at the moment. She didn't need another reason to be sad when he leaves. "I'm fine," she promised. "Thank you."

He pressed a kiss to her cheek, then led them to get some drinks. Cassie remembered how on the first night he said he wasn't into crowds or dancing, but watching him after he's had a few drinks made her think otherwise. She thinks he loves it, just doesn't know it or know how to express it. Except for when he's drunk.

She took advantage of the situation and danced with him. His face was flushed and sweaty as he pulled her close, dancing to the beat of the music. She wrapped her arms around his and would turn around and grind against him. She could hear him constantly moaning in her ear.

"You look divine in this dress," he said to her at one point. "I desperately want to see it off of you, however."

They drank some more and danced some more, then kept dancing until they were the only ones left. Ben was lightly swaying her to the slow beat of the music, his cheek resting on her head. "I am going to miss you," he suddenly said.

She buried her head into his shoulder. "Me, too," she quickly told him, trying to not let it sound too desperate. She could feel him smirk against her head.

"Stay with me tonight?" He asked. She looked up at him with a small smile, tears barely visible in her eyes. She nodded to him, so he took her hand and led them to his room.