Chapter 32

Well, she isn't sure how in the hell this is going to work out. They never spoke about it, although she knew she should have brought it up. She meant to, she really did, but he started kissing her neck and her mind went fuzzy after that. In his defense, he said she was looking stressed and asked what was wrong. When she didn't answer, he thought he'd relax her mind with some neck kisses.

That led to more than a few rounds of sex. He had gotten her so exhausted, she passed out immediately after her eleventh orgasm. He did wake her up at some point to say goodbye. He told her he couldn't stay another night with tomorrow being a school day. Not only did he need clothes to change into, but he was afraid of running into some students that live in the building.

She understood, but made him hold her until she fell asleep. She woke up alone the next morning, but with a smile on her face. It was only until just now that she remembered what she was going to talk to him about before all that.

Now was probably a good of a time as any.

She walked into the office to see him reading at his desk with a steaming cup of tea next to him. The same cup was waiting at her own desk. "Good morning," he greeted with a friendly smile.

"Morning," she greeted, but her smile a little unsure. She shut the door and went to the desk. He was back to reading and she was back to worrying. "Um...Mister Cumberbatch...I have a question." He looked up at her as she continued in a low voice, "What, um...how are we, uh..."

He seemed to know what it was she was going to ask. He shut his book and looked to the door as he cleared his throat. In an equally low voice he told her, "We are simply teacher and student here. Nothing more. As painful as it is for me not to rush over there and kiss you, that's just how it has to be."

She nodded in understanding. That's honestly all she wanted to know. If he expected her to act one way, she wanted to know which way that was going to be. "Got it. Thank you, Professor—er, sorry, Mister Cumberbatch."

He lowered his eyes at her with a playful smirk. He knew that was an accident, but it still had the same effect on him. As he opened back up his book, he said, "Oh and by the way, I had to hire my new T.A for next semester already. She'll be coming in today for you to teach her the ropes."

She nodded, then went about her normal morning as a T.A. That usually consisted of getting the attendance sheet ready, as well as the syllabus for the day. Other than that, she just had to pray a student didn't come up and ask her a question about the test or the homework.

Just has she was getting her T.A desk in the classroom ready, one of the doors to the lecture hall opened. "Cassie!" Someone squealed. She looked up to see Mads running quickly down the stairs towards her.

"Mads? What are you doing here?"

Mads hugged her friend once she got to her, but then quickly pulled away and quietly said, "I'm the new teacher's assistant to the super hot Brit!"

Cassie's eyes widened. Mads can't be Ben's new T.A. How in the hell did she even get the job!? The only reason her grades are what they are is because she has slept with literally every single one of her male teachers. She always failed with the women teachers. She's a sex machine and Cassie already knows her plan.

"Mads, you can't sleep with him," she said with a nervous laugh. "He'll get fired and you'll get expelled." They both knew that was a lie. She was one of the girls caught with Mister Clever.

"Pssh! Says who!? Besides, I chose his class because I hear he's...easy to please." She bit her bottom lip, making Cassie furrow her eyebrows.

"Who?" She asked. "Who says that? It's his first semester and I'm his only T.A and I sure as hell didn't say that." She hopes she's never said that, especially to Mads. If she ever found out he and Cassie slept together, she'd make it her mission to make sure she did the same and make sure she was better.

In hindsight, she really wasn't that great of a friend.

Nevertheless, there wasn't anything she could do about it now. While Ben set up for class, Cassie showed Mads what it is she has to do in the mornings. She explained the rosters, the syllabus, getting coffee or tea in the mornings - depending on what Ben texts has his order.

"I get his number!?" She squealed and Cassie quickly shushed her. Luckily, they were in the office and he was out in the lecture hall.

"You use it for T.A business only," Cassie expressed.

Mads scoffed, "Oh, I'll be using it for business alright."

Cassie rolled her eyes and tried her damn best to not punch Mads square in the face. Thankfully, she was only there for that morning and that morning only. She wasn't even staying for the class, but had to leave right before it started. That was a relief at least.

"How did it go?" Ben asked as he walked into the office, looking down at some homework assignments.

The class was just starting to pile in, so she quickly shut the door to the office and leaned her back against it. Ben hadn't noticed. "She's going to try and sleep with you."

Ben's head immediately snapped up. His expression was so confused it was almost laughable. "Sorry? Did she tell you that?"

"Oh, you know, only every five fucking seconds." She really tried to sound even toned and not jealous, but she knew it wasn't coming off that way. It was especially evident when he gave her a knowing smirk. "She was in Mexico, too, by the way." His face dropped.

"She's your friend?" He asked. "Why didn't she mention that in the interview? I asked if she knew anyone who had been or are currently T.A's and she told me she didn't. Do you think she knows?" Panic started to set into his chest.

"She doesn't," Cassie told him confidently. "Believe me, both of us would know if she did. She is really going to try with you, though." Her voice turned a little sad and, much to her dismay, had a bit of jealousy.

Ben so badly wanted to comfort her, but had to hold himself back. "She can try, but she won't," he promised. He could see she wasn't convinced. He sighed and put the stack of homework down on his desk. "Cass, baby, you can't be jealous if a woman becomes my T.A."

The look she gave him made him immediately regret his choice of words. "Seriously?" She scoffed. "Mads only runs on sex. It's what she eats, sleeps and drinks. I'm not one to woman shame, but she is the reason I still believe in the word whore. In the few years I've known her, Ben, she's had sixty-eight pregnancy scares and well over a hundred STD scares. She's gotten The Clap over a dozen times. Every male teacher she's had, she's slept with. It's the only reason she has the grades she does. So don't tell me I can't be jealous like I don't have the fucking right to be scared that she just might sink her acrylic claws into you!"

She took a deep breath and let it out. Ben sucked his lips into his mouth and willed himself not to laugh. Cassie looked at him like he was crazy. "I'm sorry," he giggled, "but 'acrylic claws'! Her nails are pretty ridiculous."

She didn't want to, but she couldn't help it. She started giggling along with him. Still fighting himself not to hug and kiss her, he said, "Cassie, it won't happen. If what you say is true and I am absolutely certain it is, then she can no longer be my T.A. I will inform her counselor of my decision and I will host more interviews."

This wasn't exactly how she had planned this to go, but she was happy with the outcome. Giving in on himself, he walked over to her and breathed a kiss to her forehead. She looked up at him with those blue eyes that melted his heart.

"Just teacher and student?" She teasingly asked.

He chuckled as he said, "Shut it, you. Can I take you to dinner tonight?"

She pretended to think for a moment. "I suppose that sounds nice. But no funny business this week. It's finals week and I need to crack down."

He nodded as he told her, "Of course. Just dinner and I'll take you right home. How about we drive separately so the temptation won't be there when I walk you to your door?"

God she could not believe he exists.