Chapter 17

"Are you kidding me?" Cassie scoffed. "What...what does that even mean? You lost my records of ever being in that class?"

Her counselor checked again in her computer system. "It seems you were enrolled your first year with us, but the T.A for that class never marked you there, never even marked your homework. You were considered dropped from the class."

This didn't make any sense! "But my papers and tests, they were all marked with A's!"

"The professor at the time must have, but the T.A didn't put down any record of you being there. Did you check your grades on the website?"

In all honesty, she has never done that. Her teachers usually send her the final mark she got, but she didn't find it odd that her English professor didn't. She already knew she had an A from all the homework and papers she got back!

"I'm so sorry," the counselor told her. "If you could get his signature to say you were there, maybe provide some proof with the homework and tests you were given back, then I might be able to do something for you."

"Why would I still have all of that from three years ago," she said mostly to herself. "If I can get him to remember me and get him to sign the paper saying I was, would I be good to go?"

The counselor gave her a sympathetic look. "That's why I said if you could. Mr. Parks died just after the semester ended. Mr. Cumberbatch is taking his place. If you could somehow prove to Mr. Cumberbatch you've already taken the course and he signs off on it, then I can put in the system that you passed. It won't be an A, but it'll show a P meaning it will be accepted."

Cassie walked to her next class with her shoulders slumped. She wanted to be away from Ben as soon as possible and as quickly as possible. She's sure he wants the same. She'll try her best to dig up her homework and tests, but she hopes he'll sign the paper just to get her out of his class.

That following Monday, she showed up twenty minutes early again. She set her bag down in her seat, took out the slip the counselor gave her and went up to his office door. She knocked a few times and waited until he opened it.

His face went from stern to soft the moment he saw her. "Cassie," he said. He cleared his throat, then stepped aside to let her in.

Once he closed the door, she started, "I need you to sign this."

He curiously took the paper from her hand, then sat down at his desk to read it. At one point, he pulled out his glasses and put them on. It was unfair how hot he was in them. He took a few minutes to read the entirety of the slip, then asked, "Do you have any past homework or tests you can show to prove you completed this course?"

She looked at him like he was crazy. She expected him to sign the slip and send her on her way "I took it three years ago. No, I don't have homework or tests from three years ago."

He put the slip on his desk and slid it back over to her. He took of his glasses as he said, "Then I cannot sign it."

She scoffed and slid it back over to him. "I don't know who you think you are, Mr. Cumberbatch, but I have fucking had it. Sign the paper."

He slid it over to her. "Not without proof you have passed this class."

"Oh my God, fuck you! Seriously, who do you think you are?"

He stood up quickly and with so much force, it actually scared her. "I think I am your professor, Ms. Moretti, and if you do not provide evidence of your time in the late Mr. Parks' class, you will have to stay in this one. You will also never use that tone again with me, do you understand?"

The way he was towering over her, looking down with those angry eyes...God, she found it so hot. She didn't want to. She tried so hard to resist the urge of tearing his clothes off right then and there.

But then something else popped into her head. She knew that if she was turned on by this, then so was he. He showed that quite a bit when they were in Mexico. Her goal isn't to fuck him, but torture him.

He told her of his "strict moral code" about sleeping with students. Well, she was going to have fun with that little bit of information.

Her face turned confident as she slowly leaned both hands on his desk. She peaked up at him through her eyelashes as she practically whispered, "Yes, Professor." She watched his jaw clench and couldn't help her smile.

She put a little sway in her hips as she left the office, leaving the slip on his desk.