Chapter 14

"Seniors! Seniors! Seniors! Seniors!"

Breck kept chanting as he ran up to everyone he could see. He was hoping they'd chant along. Nobody did and he ended up looking like an ass.

"Are you in high school?" Cassie asked. "We're in graduate school. We are basically third seniors and nobody gives a shit."

Breck loudly groaned as he said, "Okay Ms. Cynical! Jeez, Cass, I swear you haven't been fun since Mexico." She punched Breck in the arm and he hit her back. They kept going back and forth until Breck finally said, "Ah! Fine! You win! Damn, how do you hit so hard?"

He rubbed at his sore arm as Cassie tried to not be in mild pain about hers. Katie and Mads then walked up to them with Casey in tow. "Alright everyone, cough up your schedules," Katie ordered.

Everyone took out their paper schedules and they all set them together on a bench. The huddled over and checked every class. "Yes!" Mads cheered. "Cass and I have psychology together! Oh, I am so passing this class now."

Cassie tutted her, then pointed at the times. "Same times, but different professors. Looks like you'll have to cheat off of someone else."

"Fuck yeah, dude, we have rowing together!" Breck cheered as he high fived a confused Casey.

"Bro, we signed up for a team. Of course we're going to have that together."

Katie shook her head at Breck in disbelief. "How in the hell did you make it grad school?" She asked. "And to the fourth year."

Breck shrugged with his arms out as he told her, "Maybe I'm a secret genius, baby. Or maybe my mommy and daddy pay for my grades like your's."

Katie crumpled up her schedule and threw it at him. "You are such an ass!"

He winked at her as he said, "You ladies love it."

Kate pretended to gag, then picked up her schedule and looked at it through the wrinkles. "Cass, we have English together!"

Cassie, who was just about to put her schedule away, was confused. "English?" She asked. "I already took all of the English classes I needed. I did them all in a year, remember?"

Katie shrugged, "Says right here. Same time, same class, same professor, every Monday. Mister...what the fuck? Cumberbatch?"

She and the group couldn't help their laughs. "Oh my God," Mads giggled, "I have to see what this guy looks like!"

"He's probably still a virgin," Casey laughed.

"Nah, watch him have a big ol' dick swinging around," Breck laughed.

"Okay, okay," Cassie chuckled as she picked up her schedule. "I need to go figure out this English class. I'll see you in a few hours, Katie."

She made her way across campus towards the Student Center. She politely asked to see her counselor, who was currently unavailable. Since it's the first week of the new school year, she's completely booked. She was advised to go to the English class until she could get in with the counselor.

She was a little peeved she had to retake a class she passed nearly two years ago, but thought about how easy it'll be since she knows the material already. Besides, it's only for today's class.

She made her way to her Psychology class, then had about an hour until her next. She hung out in the coffee shop near the English building with her headphones in. She had music playing as she wrote her new story.

It's something she's been working on since coming back from Mexico. She doesn't like to say it's about a certain person, but Katie's read it and knows it is. It wouldn't be obvious to anyone else since she's still the only one who knows.

Katie was actually a little worried for her. She didn't act at all like she expected. As a matter of fact, Cassie was back to herself the very next day. She refused to stay in the massive room he had left her and had the time of her life for the rest of the trip. Nobody would have been the wiser.

When they were packing on their last day, Katie did ask about it. Cassie assured her she was fine. She said she felt almost stupid for reacting the way she did. After all, she only knew the man for three days. Katie didn't believe her, but didn't push it.

Cassie continued to write chapters on chapters of her story until her alarm went off. She packed her things, then headed into the English building. She always enjoyed being the first one to class. It wasn't a teacher's pet type thing, but more of a she didn't need to stress over a seat. Especially because it's the first day.

She made her way into the lecture hall and sat in the third row, a little off center. She was tempted to save a seat for Katie, but didn't want to be that person. She still had about twenty minutes until class officially started, so she popped in her headphones and turned on some music.

Little by little, people started trickling into the lecture hall. By the time five minutes before hit, the entire room was filled.

As Cassie was putting away her headphones, she felt something hit her head. She turned to see Katie a couple of rows up from her. "Sorry," Cassie mouthed as she gestured to the taken seat next to her. Katie waved her off and mouthed back "Tomorrow!"

Cassie gave her a thumbs up. Katie looked towards the front and her eyes went the widest Cassie has ever seen as person's eyes go. It was almost laughable. Katie looked to Cassie and slowly shook her head, her mouth open like she wanted to say something.

"Alright, class, let's get started!"

Cassie immediately froze. There was no way. Absolutely no way in hell.

That voice. The one that she's dreamt about for the past three months. She would recognize it anywhere.

As he was introducing himself, she slowly turned to face the front of the class. She was sure her eyes went wider than Katie's.

There he was, teaching her English class.

It was Benedict.