S1: III. The Attack

Chapter 3: Attacked by the Commission

    Later that day, Five decided that if Delilah were to stay at the academy, she should have clothes other than the academy uniform Allison had given her. He insisted on staying outside of the building to keep guard in case anything happened.

    The moment Delilah turned her keys to unlock her apartment door, she felt something in the air, a change of the atmosphere. She brushed it off as nothing and grabbed a duffel bag that was hanging behind her door.

As she grabbed her undergarments, Delilah got lost in her own thoughts.

Why did they want me to stay? Is me witnessing Five's crime the reason or was it something deeper than that?

    She sighed, now realizing that she's been holding the same black top in her hand for a hot minute. She got confused when she heard the door open, immediately guessing it was Five who got bored of waiting.

    "Five? Is that you? Told you that you'll get bored." She chuckled, not looking behind her as she zipped up her bag close. "I'm done! Give me a second to grab my favorite soap, then we can go." She stands up, placing the duffel bag on above her shoulder.

    As Delilah turned around, thinking it was Five, she instead saw a huge figure standing in front of her. Without thinking, she yells, panicking as the man grabs her by her collar with his free hand holding what seemed to be a revolver, aiming at Delilah's head.

    Before the man could shoot, Delilah tried her best to break away from the man's grip, stomping on his knee, making him shoot the ceiling as he groaned in pain. She took the chance to run to the kitchen, eyeing her apartment door to escape.

    Five appeared, he teleported to Delilah's living room, he heard the gunshot and knew immediately that something bad came before them. He looked over to the man, wearing a cartoon mask. He knew what it meant, it was from The Commission. They sent agents to take them down.

    He runs over to the man, kicking his leg down, making him fall down to his knees. Delilah felt herself  freeze in place. Before she could head through the door, a person from behind grabbed both of her hands and put them behind her back to prevent her from moving.

    Five sees Delilah getting attacked by another agent. "Oh, shit!" He yelled, turning around to look at the man on the floor. He tried to knock him out, kicking him a few couple times, not stopping until he saw him unable to move.

    Delilah hits the agent's forehead with the back of her own head, making them dizzy and loosen her grip in her hands which made me able to let go, she sees Five holding out his hand and waiting for her to grab it. She grabbed her duffel bag and was about to grab his hand with her free hand but instead of running away, Five pulled her close and grabbed a knife from his sock.

    He stabbed her in the thigh, blood splashing from the pressure, some getting on Delilah's thigh and Five face. Before Delilah could react to the situation, Five teleports them straight to his room in the academy.

    Delilah was shocked, her mind repeating the traumatic moment in her head. Five lies down on his bed, exhausted and his body sore. She dropped the duffel bag on the bed and sat down next to where Five was laying.

    "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Her thoughts dropped and focused on finding out Five's condition. He looked tired, his power must have drained his energy while also fighting. "I'm sorry."

There was a feeling inside Delilah ever since that moment in the taxi, he was caring about Five's every condition, every feeling. A great example was she saw herself worrying about Five just now.