❥ Chapter Sixteen | Vanya

Chapter 16:
Vanya and Five "Anger Issues" Hargreeves

Five teleports us in a big cornfield, seeing nothing but corn in the distance, no sign of buildings in the middle

Five teleports us in a big cornfield, seeing nothing but corn in the distance, no sign of buildings in the middle. I was standing there confused until Five started walking and I had no choice but to follow as he pushes the corn away from our faces. I look up again to loook any sign of a house, well maybe I'm just not tall enough to see but trust me when I say there was nothing anywhere which made me kind of confused on why Five brought me here.

"Careful." Five mumbles as he looks back at me to make sure I was doing okay and I nod to reassure himthat I could handle myself. He looks back and suddenly stopped after seeing something. I walked up next to him, struggling a bit and he helps me get out of the field. A big circle in the cornfield is what we found. There was also a little hole enough to fit two people in middle and I could hear Five mumble things under his breath.

"What-" I look around, completely shocked. "Is this the sound waves you were talking about?" I put my hand above my eyes to cover the blinding sun, it was very hot by the way.

"Yes, do you remember some human powerful enough to do all of this on their own?" He looks at me and I felt my eyes widen.

"Sh- Vanya!" I felt happy as I realize, forgetting the whole and was just thinking of finally seeing her again. She was the sweetest and the most gentle person I've ever met before... you know.

"Yes, she's somewhere around here. Hopefully not too far." He turns on both sides, looking for any clue where Vanya is and started going inside the cornfield again. Of course I followed, duh.

As we walk through, we see a woman sat down on the ground. Looks like she was asleep and when I looked down, it was indeed Vanya. She wasn't sleeping though, she immediately put her guard up until she saw us.

"Hi, Vanya." Five smiles at her and she looks over to me, I smile and waved excitingly hoping she'd smile back but looked at us confused instead.

"Who are you two?" She looked at us, looking for any kind of threat to her but we looked like kids who lost their teacher in a field trip so she puts her guard down as she stood up.

"Look, you can either stay here and wait for those IKEA version mafia to kill you or..." Five nudged my arm and I look up at him and I nod looking at Vanya as I smile.

"Or! You can come with us." I put my hand in front of her waiting for her to take it as she looks at us weird.

"Wait-" She grabs my hand, trying to leave the corn she was stuck in and looked at Five before letting go. "Wh- Why are they trying to kill me?" She asks Five who was walking back slowly to the big circle we passed by a minute ago.

"Cause you're not supposed to be here, Vanya." Five just said, struggling to put his feet down since there was corn everywhere.

"None of us are." I mutter to Vanya and she looks at me.