❥ Chapter Seventeen | Whistle?

Chapter 17:
Whistling and Fancy Dresses

Some men took Luther back to his roaming house and Vanya decided to come with them, to take care of Luther and to make sure he was okay

Some men took Luther back to his roaming house and Vanya decided to come with them, to take care of Luther and to make sure he was okay. Five thought it was best for me to stay with him until everything was okay. The scene Luther made back at the wrestling match really got me thinking that... I see the Hargreeves as my family now, and I have this urge inside to make sure all of them are okay. Of course Five is different.

"You feeling better?" The beautiful man beside me asked, it was Five, in the driver seat. We parked in front of the apartment Luther was living in, he decided to just wait here just in case Luther wakes up. Five was holding my hand and my head was on top of his shoulder, his warmth calming me down as his fingers play with mine.

"Yeah..." I just mumble. I wasn't okay, but I had to stay okay for Five. I need him to stay focused on fixing the timeline and saving the world and not me.

"I know how much you care about the family, Delilah." I feel his eyes focused on me but I couldn't get myself to look back. "You don't wanna talk about it?" He asked after noticing that I had no plans to answer, I shake my head in response. "Okay... We can just stay like this for now." He softly mumbled and after a few moments just staying quiet, I stood up to look at him.

"Are you okay?" I change the subject and he gave me a small smile, looking at the road as he sighed before staring at me. "What?"

"As long as you're here beside me, I'll be fine." He said, softly as he put his hand on my thigh to comfort me. "You're my break from everything, and I'll do anything to protect you from whatever the world throws at us, got that Cheeks?" He looks at me, grabbing my cheek and I feel his thumb on my scar before he stares at me.

"Even if it throws us an apocalypse?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Even an apocalypse."

"You promise?" I look at him and he let out a giggle and I see a smile forming his mouth which gave me butterflies inside my stomach. Him just smiling makes my heart explode and I just- I can't even explain it in words.

"Yes, I promise." He kissed my forehead and I smile. "Can you promise me something though?" He placed his hand on my chin and made me look up at him, making me fix my posture.

"Hm?"

"Promise me that whenever something happens, you tell me." He looked at me, making sure I'll agree.

"I promise." I nod as he takes his hand out. "But what if I can't tell you?" I lean on the car seat, still looking at him.

"Whistle." He said which made me raise an eyebrow.

"Whistle?" I ask, almost giggling.

"Yeah, whistle." He repeats himself, not knowing what's so funny about it. "What? So if you can't move, can't scream, I can tell if you need help or not, I can tell if you're okay, if you're safe... If you're alive..." He tries to explain and I just placed my hand on his left cheek, smiling at him.