❥ Chapter Six | Harold

Chapter 6:
Harold Jenkins

We we're in the car, driving somewhere, just roads for a hundred miles, for what I think

We we're in the car, driving somewhere, just roads for a hundred miles, for what I think. I was in the backseat, Five was beside Luther who was driving. A few moments later, Luther stopped the car. We we're all silent for a good minute or two.

Five removed his seat belt, looking around, when he saw that no one was driving towards us yet, he spoke. "You know, I never enjoyed it. The killing. I mean, I was.. I was good at my work and I... I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure." He sighs. I just listened to them and played with the fake briefcase they bought to distract Hazel and Cha-Cha. "I think it was all those years, alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind." He just said, which made me lean over and put my elbows on both of their car seats.

"Yeah. Well, you were gone for such a long time." Luther responds. "I spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough." He added as he scoffs.

I turned to look at him. "You were on the moon?" I say, completely shocked but tried to keep calm and get myself together.

He just nodded and winked at me, giving me a small smile. Luther looks behind where I was, he held a hand out and I gave him the briefcase, he goes to put it in the middle of him and Five. I leaned over again.

"Do you think they'll buy it?" I ask.

"Well, what I do know is that they're desperate." Five answered touching the briefcase. "It's like a cop losing it's gun. If the commission finds out, they'll be in dip shit." He scoffed. "Oh, and not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back." He explained to me and Luther.

"I should hold on to it, then." I volunteer, smiling at Five.

"No, you'll stay in the car." He ordered, I just pouted and rolled my eyes, laying my head to the backseat. "Luther can hold onto it." He added.

"Yeah, just in case they make a move on Five." Luther explained, I groaned as a reply.

"Then, why did you even bring me here?" I ask, I don't really have a long attention span, I'm getting really impatient at the moment.

"So I know you'll stay safe, you're gonna be safer with Luther." He explained, I just sighed and nodded. He looks at Luther. "You, Luther, should be careful with Hazel and Cha-Cha. Me, I've lived a long life but you, you're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you, both of you." He then pointed at both Luther and me. "Don't waste it."

Luther looked weirded out but stayed silent, a few minutes went by and we see a car getting close, Five knew it was them. He looked at Luther and Luther nodded. They both got out of the car, it was hot, the sun was really up there today, I pulled a window down so I could feel the sun. I look at the car and see it go past them then stopping. I see Five walk up to Luther, saying something but all I could hear were mumbling, Luther nodded at Five's words.