4

Chapter 4: Truth

Kioku's hero costume was a quarter burnt off as he was taken to Recovery Girl. Katsuki watched as his unofficial rival was quickly wheeled away on a metal stretcher. He followed Iida and Uraraka to the surveillance room and was greeted with commentary on his risky move. 

"It's a good thing he didn't experience too much internal damage."

"Bakugou, you really didn't hold back on the quirkless boy, did you?"

"Did it ever come across to you that he may not be as tough as you? You could've seriously injured him!"

Kioku's words popped into his head. "I will no longer be a liability."

Good luck with that Deku. 

Kioku was healed by the time all of the rounds were over. He was brought back over to Ground Beta with the assistance of Aizawa. 

"Welcome back, Midoriya! How are you feeling?" Kioku was flocked by multiple students at once, each interested in asking about his fight with Katsuki.

"I'm fine." Kioku ignored all other comments, sitting down by himself. 

"Since we have all the students here, let's go over the true winners of today's battles. Starting with Team A and B. Anyone want to give their opinion?"

A tall girl with a black ponytail stood up. "Yes. I would like to add my input."

"Take it away, Yaoyorozu!" bellowed All Might, taking a step to the right to give Yaoyorozu the spotlight. 

"Regardless of the winning team, Iida had the best strategy, even if it didn't bring his team the win in the end. His precise thinking of removing all the objects in the room of the weapon was a brilliant idea and shouldn't go unnoticed."

Yaoyorozu turned in the direction of Kioku. "However, in terms of battle strategy, Midoriya would be the victor, other than his risky move of throwing himself directly into danger. Bakugou's moves were riskier due to the damage created."

"That were all the things I noticed as well. Thank you for the analysis." Aizawa looked over to All Might and Katsuki. "Damage control is an important aspect of battling villains. It's pricy to rebuild, as well as inconvenient ."

"That is all true Aizawa. However, Midoriya didn't cause significant damage out of lack of power, not out of intention." added All Might to the annoyance of Kioku, who quickly stood up. Everyone looked towards him. 

No one had ever seen a 15-year-old boy look so intensely angry. "You want damage?" Kioku pivoted, sending his fist directly at the wall, punching a crater into the surface. Almost instantly, his knuckles began to bleed down his arm. 

Everyone's mouths hung open. 

"Unacceptable behavior, Young Midoriya!" 

Katsuki was dumbfounded. Why was he so mad at All Might? Wasn't that man his idol? He had noticed when Kioku left the room earlier as well. Something wasn't adding up.

"Someone go bring Midoriya back here." ordered Aizawa, as Kioku had ran out of the room. 

"I'll do it."

Kioku took a shower to cool off. He thought he just might lose it at that moment. The running water felt nice over his damaged hand. What was he thinking, punching a wall? Especially right after being healed by Recovery Girl.