43

Chapter 43: The Knights Of The Hassaikai

THE NEXT MORNING

"Due to the recent transfer of Shinsou Hitoshi, the licensing exam has been postponed until now. If you want to do your hero work studies this semester, you must pass the exam. The minimum passing grade is seventy points."

Asui raised her hand.

"Yes?"

"Will Shinsou be at too much of a disadvantage? It seems unfair to place him with everyone else who is more experienced."

Shinsou raised his hand. "Sensei already spoke to me about this. I'll be sitting out the licensing exam and the work studies. I'll be doing an alternative assignment."

"Bummer. I was hoping to see your quirk in action!" groaned Kaminari.

"Most of the students probably know about my quirk from the Sports Festival. There's a good chance that I'll be at a disadvantage either way." shrugged Shinsou.

"We can talk to Power Loader about that. Maybe we can get you fixed up with support gear." Aizawa continued. "The test is tomorrow. No further details will be shared."

Class was dismissed, but a few students stayed behind.

Five students.

"Hey sensei-"

"We haven't found a location for Midoriya." Aizawa showed no amusement or interest in his voice or eyes. "And no, you can't go look for him."

Ejiro awkwardly took a step back. Katsuki crossed his arms.

"It's been more than a month and there's no sign of him. What's the big deal?!"

"He's right, Sensei! He might not be a student here anymore, but he is still a child! Who knows what All For One could be planning!" retorted Ochaco. "Just let us go after him!"

"This isn't something as easy as you think."

"But we can try! We saved him once, right? We can save him again! We've proven we have what it takes!" yelled Ochaco.

"UA is in enough trouble as it is already. We don't need this to add extra trouble with the media."

"We will keep it a secret!"

"Yeah, no one will know that we are searching!"

"We know what we're doing!"

"And if you all die?!" yelled Shota, his eyes suddenly wide with fury.

Everyone went silent. Even Katsuki.

"Stop putting Midoriya before yourselves. It's unhealthy and it's getting in the way of your studies. Leave the searching to the pros. You are children."

Katsuki took another step forward.

"Listen here, Teach! We're fed up with nothing happening! Deku can't be that hard to track down when there's billions of pro heroes out there! He's by himself for all we know, and he's quirkless! Unless he has connections with someone, he's likely in big trouble!"

He could already be dead.

He could be dead?  Katsuki frowned at the sudden thought. It hung in his brain for a moment, refusing to fully sink in.

I can't lose him again.

"Bakugou...Are you alright?" asked Todoroki from behind.

"Tch, let's just go. Sensei's useless right now anyways."