26

Sorry for the small hiatus! I was busy with school.

Chapter 26: Encounter

"Ashido, Kaminari, and I will go to look for sunblock."

"Alright, I'll go with Yaoyorozu to look for earbuds."

It had been a while since Kioku had been inside a mall. There were lots of people cramped into a confined space. Shopping wasn't just hassle as much as it was a trial of courage. 

Soon enough, he was left alone with Todoroki. The taller boy was holding a small basket in one hand, and his phone in the other. 

"I guess we're going off to look for bug spray."

"Go without me. I already have all my supplies on the list. I just tagged along because Uraraka wanted me to."

There was a store that contained camping supplies at a discount price. Kioku had gone to go sit down at the bench in the middle of the shopping mall. He sighed to himself, taking out his water bottle. He took a long sip.

Perhaps he tagged along simply so he wasn't by himself. He had made a decision to push everyone away in case of a tragedy, but it seemed like perhaps he had some time to rest his mind. 

Perhaps he had some time..

"Is that you? Midoriya Kioku, the eight-place winner in the UA Sports Festival? I'm a huge fan." A fan in a black hoodie approached him quickly. 

Kioku lifted up his head, raising an eyebrow. 

He was greeted with an arm around his shoulders. He could feel the fan's breath on his neck. A shiver ran down his spine. He was about to shove them away, but then they spoke again. 

"If you call for help, or as much as scream..." A hand was placed on his neck. He could only feel four fingers. "I'll start decaying you from the neck."

Kioku felt a wave of anger overcome him. "So, what do you want? You're the head of the League of Villains, correct? Shigaraki?" He whispered. 

"I suppose you remember me from that little USJ incident a few months prior to now."

"What is your current motive with this encounter?"

Shigaraki shifted closer to Kioku. "I wanted to ask you a question, Midoriya."

Kioku was using all of his strength not to move any part of his body except for his eyes. 

"Go on."

"Are you going on a trip soon?"

"No, I'm not." He saw Todoroki walk out of the store and over to the bench. He looked at Kioku with a puzzled expression. 

Shigaraki tightened his grip on Kioku's throat. "Remember, I'm just an old friend. If you call for help, I'll kill you and everyone else here."

Shigaraki smiled. "And one more thing...Prepare yourself, Midoriya."

Kioku looked Todoroki in the eyes. He gave him a look of someone who was asking for help. 

"Midoriya, who is this?" 

Shigaraki's whole demeanor shifted. "I'm just a friend of his! It's a coincidence that I ran into Kioku here. I'm just about to leave."

Todoroki's eyes turned furious. 

Shigaraki stood up, turned around and waved goodbye before walking away. 

Kioku was left sitting on the bench alone. He rubbed his neck, looking straight at the ground.