36

// PREVIOUSLY ON HE'S BACK //

Kioku trembled, looking up at Hisashi. His eyes were bloodshot and glassy. "My sensei...he's waiting for me...I have someone who cares for me....It's not you.."

Hisashi smiled again. "I see. Perhaps something might change your mind."

Suddenly, every single billboard that was lighting up the sky started playing a video of security footage.

This video was everywhere.

Kioku looked up at the largest billboard.

In the video, was Aizawa.

Chapter 36: The Rescue III

All Might looked up at the sound of talking. He recognized this audio. It was from a teacher's conference.

"How did he get...?"

Hisashi smiled, clasping his hands behind his back as the wind blew past them. "So, this is familiar to you, Toshinori! How interesting!"

Kioku watched the footage. The light from the billboard shone so brightly that it cut through the darkness of the night.

He didn't blink.

He didn't move.

"So, what are you planning on doing about the kid? He's gotten into danger countless times, and the public is pissed about the outcomes of the Sports Fest."

It was Present Mic. His serious expression was a sight that few had seen.

"Midoriya is reckless. In this day and age, most of the population at least has a quirk to defend himself. It was a risky move to let the quirkless into UA, and we've definitely took a hit from it."

There was Midnight.

"He's received special treatment to remain in the hero course. I feel like if someone like him was truly meant to stay in the hero course, he wouldn't need any special treatment. We have talented students with bright futures that we could be focusing on."

Then it was Cementoss.

"So, are you saying that he should be removed? Well, he ain't in my class."

Vlad King looked towards Cementoss.

"It would be in his best interest."

It was Principle Nezu.

"What are your thoughts, Shota?"

Kioku looked at the footage with an expressionless face.

The crowd started murmuring about the footage. You could hear the disapproval circulating around the civilians as the clip continued to play.

"So, UA really is letting in kids only for them to get badly injured?"

"So they care about their students until they don't show any progress? Some heroes they are."

"UA is so elitist."

"So what? If we put our kids in this school, we have to worry about this happening to them?"

"Quirkless kids ain't fit to be heroes."

"This system is screwed."