50

EPISODE 50 YAYYYY THAT'S A MILESTONE :D

Episode 50: Not Your Average Training Montage I

THE NEXT MORNING

Kioku rolled over, his eyes tiredly opening to a blaring light.

"Is he awake? Do I need to pour anything on him?"

"Why is that your go-to plan? What would you even pour? Boiling water? You wanna traumatize him even more?" 

"Boiling water?! That would be time-consuming and I'm appalled you assumed that of me."

(At a random expensive mental hospital, a white-haired woman sneezed. "Must be allergy season")

Kioku sat up slowly, readjusting his brain to his surroundings. "You were gonna pour what on me?"

"You're awake! How are you feeling?"

Kioku examined his arms, stretching his fingers one-by-one. "I think I'm ready for training to start."

"There's two things you need to know before anything starts. The first thing is that eating and sleeping are just as important as working out. Second thing is that you need to work out your mind as well. Strength doesn't only come from punching, but also from strategy and keeping your cool."

Kioku nodded. 

If Kioku could go back in time to this moment, he would have asked more questions.

Chizome cracked his knuckles. "Alright. We'll start with building up your strength and end with building up your endurance. You might think that endurance is the most important part cause of all that BS that Chisaki ingrained into you."

"But first, breakfast! Lesson one: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Don't forget it!"

A plate of assorted food was handed to him. White rice, pickled vegetables, chashu pork, and a soft-boiled egg were set down on the low table. 

"Eat up."

III

Meanwhile in the UA 1A Dormitory

"THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE EVER PASSED A TEST AND IT'S CANCELLED?!"

"It's only postponed, Denki."

"Yaoyorozu must have gotten injured from the Forest Training camp. The villains must have gotten blood from a lot of us..."

It had been revealed that after Yaoyorozu had passed the first test, a villain with a transformation quirk had taken her place without anyone noticing. 

"It's so scary to think about. Will we ever really be safe?"

"No. We will never be safe as long as we are in the hero program. But this whole thing is about accepting that reality." Yaoyorozu looked at her palm and sighed. "Look, we just need to distract ourselves."

Shinsou had regrouped with everyone. He stayed out of the conversation. 

"Well maybe now Shinsou will have a better chance of joining us in the Licensing Exam. Unless it gets postponed again. Or if our school finally gets shut down."

"Stop being negative!" Ashido threw her legs up onto the coffee table. "Let's watch a movie! I wanna watch a romantic comedy!"

"We weren't given a set date. Sero is probably right."