14

II PREVIOUSLY IN HE'S BACK... II

Kioku's eyes widened, as another headache kicked in. It was worse than a migrane. It was like his entire head was on fire.

"He's useless. That's why his name's Deku."

"Honey, what happened? Why are you crying?

"Pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and just go kill yourself."

"Not without a quirk."

What were these memories? And why now?

Eri...

Pre-Chapter 14: Kioku's Backstory III: Violence

🎵 This chapter contains music. Please Turn Your Sound Up 🎵

"Eri, meet Izuku. Izuku, meet Eri. You two will be sharing lots of time together from now on."

A small timid girl was asleep in one of the Yakuza's arms. A blanket was draped around her as she was laid down in the hospital bed down from Izuku. They were in a different room, labeled as 4-1.

Izuku turned his head to see that the girl had now woken up. She had long grey hair reaching her lower back, as well as a small horn on her forehead. This was Eri, the girl who had killed her father with a single touch of a hand.

That's what Chisaki had told him.

Izuku decided to ignore the girl and lay down until he was needed for Chisaki's research. He wasn't any closer to discovering who he was, but he remembered his name. He was Midoriya Izuku. He remembered Japan. He remembered Kacchan.

But these new memories were eating away at who he was before.

"Why haven't you eaten any of your food, Izuku?" Chisaki had started calling Izuku by his first name. "Are you trying to wither yourself away?"

Almost a few weeks of this. Izuku didn't know how much more he could take. Eri had started to receive more attention from Chisaki. It had been revealed that the girl was only six-years old.

Eventually, Izuku was moved to a separate room so that Chisaki could focus on Eri. During that transition, Eri wouldn't stop screaming for Izuku.

For the first time in a few weeks, Izuku cried.

A week later, Izuku was in a different room labeled, 5-3.

"Is that Chisaki's failed project?"

"I heard he's in trouble. I'm just glad I'm not him."

"Ever since Chisaki has been working here, he's been acting villanous."

"Well, you can't quit now, or else he'll kill you."

A man walked through the hallways, his slow footsteps making a click with every step. His hair was black, and he possessed a laceration scar on his jaw. "Are you speaking badly of Chisaki?"

"N-No sir."

In an instant, this man took out a gun, shooting both men.

"It's modern times now. The Shie Hassaikai has evolved, and you all must evolve with it." Everyone around this man quivered in fear.

"Now, get to work." The man opened the door of 5-3 with a hand scan.

Izuku didn't have a bed to sleep on in this room. He only had a stuffed plush toy and a mattress pad.